Real world vs theoretical hot water temperatures

It's more dependent the length of the journey. It needs to have a good run to do a full active regen. Passive regenerating does help a little bit but it needs an active regen which is dictated by the ECU to clear it out properly.

The problem is if they get too blocked and the back pressure reading is too high the ECU won't allow a regen. Then you need the software to plug in and force a regen. They are a massive pain in the ass. You get more power, better throttle response and more MPG without one.

My 330d is 300 bhp and 500 lb.ft with a DPF and EGR delete and a map but I've had 48 real MPG from a tank before.

Sponsored Links
This cannot be true, the universe hasn't ended.

Btw I need to see a dyno sheet for your car as I refuse to believe remappers figures or the bum dyno.

Sponsored Links
This cannot be true, the universe hasn't ended.

Btw I need to see a dyno sheet for your car as I refuse to believe remappers figures or the bum dyno.

I rounded it up a bit but it's close enough! 293.9 bhp and 487.7 lb.ft. Mine is a Pre-LCI M57. The LCI N57's make more power and are more ecomical.

The original map is a 'stage 1' that was already on there minus the DPF. The current figure is a 'stage 2' map. They can push the turbo a bit more with no DPF. For a 1600 kg bus it really does shift. I was level pegging with a Golf R a couple of weeks back.

20160415_163136.jpg

that'll do :)

what else can you do for more power or is that about it

Hybrid turbo will see more. It's my daily though so I don't want to compromise reliability. It's a manual as well and the DMF already complains enough about all that torque!

It's all in the tune, I don't think a hybrid should equal reduced reliability, hell I have to replace parts on my car just to make it reliable to begin with.

It's all in the tune, I don't think a hybrid should equal reduced reliability, hell I have to replace parts on my car just to make it reliable to begin with.

It's definitely all in the mapping. The engine is bulletproof it's just the drive train that would start to give. The gearbox is only rated to 500 nm and I'm currently on 660 nm although BMW use the same gearbox on the F10 M5 and that's 680 nm.

What do you drive?

i've got a mazda mps, which has chocolate conrods, so I have to be careful how I boost in it.

I would have done so, except I am saving for a house so no spare pennies :(
also the stock turbo is **** and passes oil at idle so that has to go. I've been quoted 600 for a hybrid which is reasonable enough and should be good for 350whp

Deleting the DPF is going to be an MOT failure .

It already is an MOT failure if you physically remove the DPF. If you just remove the internals but leave the original casing in place then it will pass MOT (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back