Rear windscreen wiper motor for a ford fiesta x reg (year 2000)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been told by my mechanic that this is easily replaceable myself and he showed me how to do it. I've just got to source the part but where do I go online for it? Halfords does not bring up much. I'm thinking I need to find a part number and then perhaps check ebay. At the moment I don't have a rear wiper because the motor is busted but fortunately it's not enough to fail the MOT. About time I replaced it though. I think it originally went wrong when I tried to use it to defrost the car in very cold, icy weather, not realising the damage it was doing to the motor.

Any pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If its just struggling rather than not working, the fault is where the wiper blade shaft exits the motor.....a notorious corrosion spot. Easy enough to resolve but the motor has to be withdrawn, of course.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi burner, the wiper has completely stopped working. I'll have a tinker when I get the car back later today (in garage for MOT at the moment) to see if I can get life into it. I was settled on it being completely broken and quite prepared to buy a replacement.

I think that's exactly what will be needed at the end of the day, but it's worth checking the fuse and seeing if there's juice reaching the motor when it's switched on.....column switches can call it a day too!

Bought the part at about £15. Just wanted to make sure I got in there before someone else did.

Do I need any specific diagnostic tools for the stuff you mention ?

Not a bit.....either a 12v testing screwdriver or a multimeter set to over 12v DC is all you need.
Careful removing the rear trim though - the older the plastic is, the more brittle it will be and worse still if it's cold!
If you have the trim off, it shouldn't be much problem to unplug the old one and plug in the new - but you may need a separate earth.

Has yours got the brass pins and plates where the circuits for the tailgate connect? They frequently corrode

The motor arrived today so I'll take my camera out to the car and photo what I can and then post up.

So this job went well. No need for photos really as it was like for like. Plugs back and on and screws in. Tested it and it works fine. Thanks all.

Has yours got the brass pins and plates where the circuits for the tailgate connect? They frequently corrode

IMG_20170517_150427.jpg

Didn't find any corrosion issues. Keeping the motor I've taken out if I ever decide to try and fix it. Couldn't see any water damage fortunately.

Nice one!
It surprises me that this isn't required for the MOT - maybe this will change sometime.
I think the brass pins on the tailgate are for the tailgate lamps, if I recall.

Sponsored Links
Back