Received planning permission what do I need to do next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Received planning permission today to build the attached extensions.

The foundations, block work and roof are being done by a friend who is a builder with me labouring for him and I'm picking up everything else.

As I understand it I can either, do the work under a building notice which means we will receive a limited amount of site visits from bc and relies on things being done properly between visits or I can draw and submit full plans to bc and they will point out any issues before we proceed.

Either of the above will require me to get structural engineering calcs for the steels needed, I'm happy to go with a building notice as I've known the builder a long time he's a family friend and I've done stuff with him before.

Apart from getting calcs and a building notice in what other things do I need to be getting squared away?

I know ill need to move the main drain so need to go through the motions with severn trent for that.

Our water meter will need to be moved and the water supply pipe with it as the wall there both on is being removed, again I assume I take this up with Severn trent?

Thanks
Chris

IMG_20210419_114657.jpg
IMG_20210419_114638.jpg

Sponsored Links
Will you be digging below your neighbours foundations within 3 meters? You may need to serve a party wall notice.

Get on to the water co ASAP as this can hold things up. The BC officer may be able to advise first visit if the water co need to be involved. Is it a shared drain?

It's a detached property with a footpath about 2m wide between property foundations so shouldn't need a party wall notice thankfully, one less complication albeit we get on with the neighbours well, we only moved 2 doors up to the corner plot so we were their old neighbours on the other side.

The drain serves 6 properties and runs straight across the back corner of the proposed double garage, down the side of the garage will be a 2.5m wide access to the back garden I'm going to reroute the drain down there and then across the back of the properties so that it's accessible for any future needs, sods law if I built over it I would have to dig up my new extension so whilst it's a a bit more work now it's the right way to do it.

Get some drawings done of the drain run, its current and proposed positions?
They may also want to know the depth of the drain, the material the drain is made from and what size it is.
I had to keep my foundations 500mm away but it was a different water co..

It's a detached property with a footpath about 2m wide between property foundations so shouldn't need a party wall notice thankfully, one less complication albeit we get on with the neighbours well, we only moved 2 doors up to the corner plot so we were their old neighbours on the other side.

The drain serves 6 properties and runs straight across the back corner of the proposed double garage, down the side of the garage will be a 2.5m wide access to the back garden I'm going to reroute the drain down there and then across the back of the properties so that it's accessible for any future needs, sods law if I built over it I would have to dig up my new extension so whilst it's a a bit more work now it's the right way to do it.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to lay the site out with line marking paint on Saturday, a mate is then going to take some drone pictures of it and I plan on marking both current and new runs on that and submitting it to them to see what they say, I can't see any issues with my plan for the drains I just need it signing off

You can't use a notice if building over or near to public sewers.

You can't use a notice if building over or near to public sewers.

Bugger, looks like another set of plans to sort and another 5-6 week delay, is a private building inspector able to pass a set of plans or does it have to be done by the local building control and the private inspector will just sign off the inspections?

Bugger, looks like another set of plans to sort and another 5-6 week delay, is a private building inspector able to pass a set of plans or does it have to be done by the local building control and the private inspector will just sign off the inspections?
Private inspectors ask local authority if they will allow them to do the inspections.

I believe the LA has 7 days to respond. The private inspectors I used allowed me to fill in the application to them, attach drawings etc for the building control, then start on site 7 days later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back