Recession & the Chinese Renminbi

Status
Not open for further replies.
a quarter of negative growth has materialised
Totally unexpected and not at all predicted. Quite a shock really. One more quarterly dip and the UK will be officially in recession.

And now we have a no deal Brexit to look forward to. Joy.:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
On the other hand, I wouldn’t take it for granted that next quarter’s UK growth figures will be negative. Another figure published this week but much less reported was the IHS/Markit Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for the UK services sector in July. This is a forward-looking measure of confidence which, as the ONS notes in its release this morning, has run very closely ahead of the ONS’s figures – what shows up in the PMI tends to be reflected in ONS statistics a month later.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t take it for granted that next quarter’s UK growth figures will be negative. Another figure published this week but much less reported was the IHS/Markit Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for the UK services sector in July. This is a forward-looking measure of confidence which, as the ONS notes in its release this morning, has run very closely ahead of the ONS’s figures – what shows up in the PMI tends to be reflected in ONS statistics a month later.
Who is writing these posts for you?

The spectator

The PMI for services in June was 50.2 – where anything over 50 denotes expansion and anything under 50 contraction. For July, however, it came in at 51.4 per cent, which indicates a pick-up in services. We ought, in other words, to expect GDP in services to expand when the next ONS figures are published – which could well keep us out of recession.

Sponsored Links
But these latest figures aren’t necessarily to do with Brexit. For one thing, growth across the EU has slumped. By the time that the next UK quarterly figures are published in November, Germany and Italy may well be in recession. Italy has already had a recession, in the latter half of last year; Germany very nearly suffered the same fate, with two quarters of zero growth.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/recession-the-chinese-renminbi.527483/page-7#ixzz5wJpi8o30

The word Global was used a few times.

More IMPORTANT Germany and recession was mentioned

I wouldn’t take it for granted that next quarter’s UK growth figures will be negative
No one took it for granted the latest quarterly figures would be negative. Given how upbeat the Tory spin machine has been of late, it came quite unexpectedly.

You've been caught out yet again. That link backs up everything I've stated, where's your link?, you really are as thick as a whale sandwich.

Wtf

Your link backs nothing. My god what a dumb fool.

You are so wrong its unbelieavable.

More squirming from troll boddggdd

Its truly astonishing they dismiss facts and reports as fake. The IMF report on GDP figures is fake....I wonder where they get theit figures from.

The they put forward wild crackpot theories and say thats the truth.

These guys are beyond saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back