Reciprocating saw blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Are reciprocating wood blades all the same shape at the fitting end when it comes to putting it into your machine?

2. Can you put a 150mm wood blade into a machine which came with a 100mm one.

Sponsored Links
The main brands share compatibility, regardless of blade length.

Bup

as long as they are not alligator or the other name that escapes me that are individual and makes blades very expensive

Sponsored Links
Blup, great to know with thanks.
Too many cheap dodgy blades out there that I am sure out people off using R saws (or simply make them dangerous).
Sfk

If you are doing demolition where it may be necessary to cut through metal as well as timber (or where there may be embedded nails, screws or bolts) then cheap blades simply don't hack it - they either blunt immediately they hit a piece of metal, or if they are really thin they'll just end up buckling or concertina-ing under the strain which is why Toolpak/Silverline are only any good for cutting-up thin matchboard bunny huts! A decent demolition or rescue blade will never do that. They are thicker (so stronger) but lower-powered saws can struggle with them. Best generally available brands I've found to date are deWalt and Milwaukee (Hilti are also good but hard to come by)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back