Reckon this is really her owner ?

Errm. If you have him on ignore then you don’t see his posts so how can you read it then quote him? :rolleyes:

You can see everyone's posts on this forum whether you have them on ignore or not. You cannot quote them though.

Sponsored Links
Then what's the point of having them on ignore. I've got wannabe on ignore, and it justs gives me a message regarding an ignored member, and the post is blank. But there have been posts that notch has replied to that seems to indicate that he's responded to one of Wannabes posts, and that hasn't appeared at all. I half get the impression that the system isn't consistent.

I just put @ajstoneservices on temporary ignore and I can’t see anything at all not even an indication that you’ve posted something but not showing the content.

Yup, that's what I suspected, but if you're in "new posts", it'll tell you that an ignored member has posted something, and if you click on the post, then it'll show the ignored member, tell you that you've got them on ignore, but not show anything.

Sponsored Links
That means jack. I can put you on ignore and still see what you post.
Anyone that knows their way around the can see the posts.

There is another way doggit which means you do not have to click on ignored member to see their post.

Anyone that knows their way around the can see the posts.
What's the effing point in putting someone on ignore if you then choose to look at their posts FFS! If you are gonna do it, do it right. The two posters I have had on ignore, I have not seen any of their content since I chose to Ignore them and nothing on this forum has inadvertently caused me to look at them.

Last edited:
What's the effing point in putting someone on ignore if you then choose to look at their posts FFS! If you are gonna do it, do it right. The two posters I have had on ignore, I have not seen any of their content since I chose to Ignore them and nothing on this forum has inadvertently caused me to look at them.

It does all seem bizarre. If anybody says anything I dont like I just dont take any notice.

I look for the agenda in a post, not the content.

I choose to ignore the comment, not the person. The comment is read, understood, and filed on the back burner as waste.
But even an idiot might say something worthwhile occasionally. They certainly demonstrate their idiocy regularly, and that is sometimes good for a laugh.

What's the effing point in putting someone on ignore if you then choose to look at their posts FFS

Oddly enough, putting someone on ignore stops the arguments with them, but it also stops you keeping track of the thread. I though that Notch was having a go at me, but it turned out that he was replying to something that Wannabe had posted, but I couldn't see that post.

The threads do get a bit confusing if you've got someone on ignore, but I've found it better to follow you're method Noseall, and keep ignoring them.

There is another way doggit which means you do not have to click on ignored member to see their post.
You have to do what gasbanni does, log on to see who you are ignoring, then log off to read their posts, then log on again to respond to them, then log off again, then on again.......

If someone wants to ignore your 5hit they can. If they really want to fill their eyes with it they can do that too.

The fact is the forum software allows you to see a post by someone you have on ignore cos it's 5hit.

Sponsored Links
Back