Dog owners

Dogs which can be so dangerous that they can rip people to pieces and kill them. Training and consistency is not the issue. The issue is that those dogs are designed to be dangerous. A dog is still an animal and no matter how much training they can turn like the flick of a switch. People may as well be allowed to keep a loaded 12 bore behind the door if they are allowed to keep dogs like that.

Sponsored Links
Totally agree.

If a dog can be relied on to 'guard' their home then they shouldn't be left alone with four other dogs and a child who is eating. Five dogs are a pack and you will get pack mentality which is not desirable in a home setting.

Most pet dogs will not 'guard' their home using lethal violence, they might bark, but if they are the sort of dog who would kill somebody coming onto the property then they need locking up when people are around. In fact they really shouldn't be pets.

They used to deal with this when I lived in the USA by calling any house with three adult dogs in it a boarding kennel. This was therefore a business and required a licence which would be very tough to get. Excess dogs would be removed.

Dogs which can be so dangerous that they can rip people to pieces and kill them.

That's any dog.
It's not the size of the dog it's the size of the problem that counts.

Training and consistency is not the issue.
Yes it is people allow their dog to take leadership and be the dominant one and don't even realize they are doing it through lack of guidance.

We had a dobie come to us once she wants it to learn agility.
After an hour with the dog we couldn't do nothing with it, She then told us it had been a guard dog since a young age left in a yard.
We sent her away telling her the dog needs to know who it's leader is and build a bond with the dog before you can attempt doing agility.

The issue is that those dogs are designed to be dangerous.
No dog is designed to be dangerous in their own pack it is a laid back placid animal.
It's only when brought into the human world the problems start.

A dog is still an animal and no matter how much training they can turn like the flick of a switch.

Same as a human can if threatened or bullied.

chapeau

If a dog can be relied on to 'guard' their home then they shouldn't be left alone with four other dogs and a child who is eating. Five dogs are a pack and you will get pack mentality which is not desirable in a home setting.

Dogs are predators and scavengers and if starved or are not shown the boundaries on food it will grab for food as it's precious to them.
That's why chicken/cheese etc is always used in training cause it will gain their attention and a dog will return.

2 dogs are a pack and one will always take hierarchy over the other
a pack without a leader and boundaries will become confused, unstable and in constant conflict.

Most pet dogs will not 'guard' their home using lethal violence, they might bark, but if they are the sort of dog who would kill somebody coming onto the property then they need locking up when people are around. In fact they really shouldn't be pets.
There again it comes back to a human error of not being shown boundaries.
My dog was first bred as a guard dog but over the yrs it gets bred out of them now they are the most dopiest dogs going but will still stand their ground if need be.

Even taking your dog for a walk the dog will look to you to be the hierarchy but in most cases this is the opposite.

Dogs that walk on extendable leads are the hierarchy.
Dogs that walk in front are the hierarchy.

All human errors.

Sponsored Links
There's a difference between a guard dog which protects its owner and property and a guard dog which does the same by mauling somebody to death.

Training/ boundaries or not, certain types of dogs like bull mastiffs or Staffies are a dangerous breed of dog. I disagree that all dogs are as dangerous because whenever this sort of thing happens its always these types of dangerous dogs. I've never read about a Dalmatian or poodle mauling somebody to death but I read quite regular about bull mastiffs, Staffies and similar dogs doing it.

I don't disagree that it's mainly human error, but if a dog can behave in such a way due to human error - which will always be a factor when humans are involved - then humans should not be owning those kind of animals.

I disagree that all dogs are as dangerous because whenever this sort of thing happens its always these types of dangerous dogs

Not always. A border collie mauled a child to death a few years back.

All dogs are dangerous. You can't exclude any.
But the biggest danger by far can be the owner.

A wild lion might as well have been in that home, and yet a child was allowed entry. Appaling.

I disagree that all dogs are as dangerous because whenever this sort of thing happens its always these types of dangerous dogs

Not always. A border collie mauled a child to death a few years back.

All dogs are dangerous. You can't exclude any.
But the biggest danger by far can be the owner.

A wild lion might as well have been in that home, and yet a child was allowed entry. Appaling.

I know exactly what you're trying to say, watch this video for proof

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=380260145406132" width="400" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

"http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=380260145406132"

If you copy this link then paste it onto google search the video comes up, it's well worth the effort, you will be astounded!!

He'll get eaten one day.
Joy Adamson had that way with lions. Though I think Elsa did become dangerous when she had the cubs and Joy kept her distance.
It is quite astonishing though.

There's a difference between a guard dog which protects its owner and property and a guard dog which does the same by mauling somebody to death.

Yes one's trained and one's just aggressive behaviour.

Training/ boundaries or not, certain types of dogs like bull mastiffs or Staffies are a dangerous breed of dog.
yes which descended from their dog-fighting ancestors.
Half the trouble is the people that breed these dogs just for profit if the parent has a bad bloodline it can follow on.

I disagree that all dogs are as dangerous because whenever this sort of thing happens its always these types of dangerous dogs.

Any animal can be dangerous.
I'm not a fan of staffs but 9/10 it's the wrong type of dog with the wrong type of person.
A staff can be a very nice dog in the right hands.

Same as say my dog if just treated as a dog that gos for a 1/2 hour evening walk and then shut in the kitchen day/night you will end up with problems.

I've never read about a Dalmatian or poodle mauling somebody to death but I read quite regular about bull mastiffs, Staffies and similar dogs doing it.

As you say you only read.
I would say 9/10 staffs are in the wrong ownership.
Poodles can give some nasty bites, one of the worst breeds i have come across are terriers.
You associate yourself with dogs on a regular basis and you'll be surprised
what other dogs have had issues.

421039_375229979159555_1571805603_n_zps07d52c43.jpg

Ownership of dogs should be evaluated and vetted before being allowed to happen in the first place.

Scumbags need not apply. Simple stuff.

Bring back the dog licence.

Pit bull type dogs should be banned.

All dogs should be neutered.

Sponsored Links
Back