Another Shaggy Dog Story

True. Here is a worse story for you and sadly very true. You might have seen it in the papers a few weeks ago. Happened in Co Down.

Dog is overcome by slurry fumes and farmer jumps in to the slurry to save his dog. He is overcome also. His two sons also jump in and then his daughter.
Only his daughter survived. :(
Firemen had the awful job of retrieving their bodies.

Get your facts right, there was no dog involved....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/17/ulster-rugby-nevin-spence-slurry

The fatal accident happened on their farm on Saturday. There were initial reports that the tragedy began when a family dog fell into the slurry pit and members of the Spence family sought to rescue it but these turned out be unfounded.

Sponsored Links
I think there are a lot of sad people on here, the Yanks prooved long ago that people that would harm animals would carry on to carry out other crimes of violence to other people and children, so i assume there is a lot of paedophiles, rapist and murderers on this site.
Statistically speaking there will quite possibly be a number of people who come on this site (out of a population of tens of thousands over the years) who fall into those categories. Your rationalisation of cause and effect is a load of nonsense though IMO.

I'd like to see this "proof" that the US has manged to come out with - perhaps you;d like to provide a link :)

I provided the link that disproved the father and two sons trying to save a dog in the slurrey tank, so if you dont believe what i've written please find a link and proove me wrong..

I think there are a lot of sad people on here, the Yanks prooved long ago that people that would harm animals would carry on to carry out other crimes of violence to other people and children, so i assume there is a lot of paedophiles, rapist and murderers on this site.
Statistically speaking there will quite possibly be a number of people who come on this site (out of a population of tens of thousands over the years) who fall into those categories. Your rationalisation of cause and effect is a load of nonsense though IMO.

I'd like to see this "proof" that the US has manged to come out with - perhaps you;d like to provide a link :)

I provided the link that disproved the father and two sons trying to save a dog in the slurrey tank, so if you dont believe what i've written please find a link and proove me wrong..
The story about the slurry tank has no bearing on your claim that the site is full of paedophiles, rapists and murderers :confused: You are referring to some kind of "proof" that the Americans have found that states that people who harm animals will evolve into sociopathic groups. I'd like to see the research you refer to, not a link to a news article about a family dying in a slurry tank :confused:

Even if this does exist, it;s one heck of a leap to conclude that a tiny number of people on here who write a bit of bravado about killing cats and dogs must automatically have the same tendencies to thos who actually go out and rape underage girls and boys :confused:

Pred, although I am not a great fan of cats/dogs it was all in a jest....no way would I harm them or any animals.......I remember a couple of years ago there was a crimina; profilist and he was saying the same thing that the murderers and sadistic inmates he interviewed all started at a early age torturing animals.

Thanks for the added info, i'm saddend by some of the remarks made on this topic, some of the sad b45t4rd5 on here may carry out acts of cruelty on defenceless animals, probably all they are capable of in their sad meaningless lives, in the modern world we need pets more than ever, cats help to keep the number of rats and other vermin down, we would be all the poorer if dogs were not our friends.

Sponsored Links
True. Here is a worse story for you and sadly very true. You might have seen it in the papers a few weeks ago. Happened in Co Down.

Dog is overcome by slurry fumes and farmer jumps in to the slurry to save his dog. He is overcome also. His two sons also jump in and then his daughter.

Get your facts right, there was no dog involved....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/17/ulster-rugby-nevin-spence-slurry

The fatal accident happened on their farm on Saturday. There were initial reports that the tragedy began when a family dog fell into the slurry pit and members of the Spence family sought to rescue it but these turned out be unfounded.

Not what I heard iniatially but there you go. We built a few slurry tanks for the Spences neighbours. So know the area and the people very well.
I'll keep an open mind on it until I hear more. But thanks for the link and the info.

pred, I am in no doubt that nobody on here actually would harm any animal. It's the usual dog v cat owner banter without any real intent.

pred, I am in no doubt that nobody on here actually would harm any animal. It's the usual dog v cat owner banter without any real intent.

True, I wouldnt harm the animals................but I would shoot the owners...................................only joking before anyone freaks out

I was in Ballynahinch(?)) the day after the funeral. Having been based over in NI in a previousjob i understood the sadness the community as a whole felt. A sad day indeed.

I was in Ballynahinch(?)) the day after the funeral. Having been based over in NI in a previousjob i understood the sadness the community as a whole felt. A sad day indeed.

Very sad indeed.
Had the misfortune of witnessing a gassing on a farm.
We dragged the farm dog out unconscious and pulled about another 7 cows out unconscious and moved the main herd from danger. Three cows died if memory serves me correctly.
I thought the dog was dead too but five minutes later it was up and jumping around. :D
We knew the dangers to a degree but just to stand back and let them die was not going to happen.

Sponsored Links
Back