Another stupid dog another stupid victim.

Everytime thereis a dog attack, we hear the same comment - it is not the dog, but the owner at fault. Dogs are inheritantly dangerous. Simple as.
My SIL bred staffies. All were well kept, trained and most sold on. The "family" one was startled by my nephew,probably aged about 2 then. The friendly family pet snapped at the lad and ripped into his face, millimeteres from losing an eye.

Kids and dogs do not mix.

Sponsored Links
Everytime thereis a dog attack, we hear the same comment - it is not the dog, but the owner at fault. Dogs are inheritantly dangerous. Simple as.
My SIL bred staffies. All were well kept, trained and most sold on. The "family" one was startled by my nephew,probably aged about 2 then. The friendly family pet snapped at the lad and ripped into his face, millimeteres from losing an eye.

Kids and dogs do not mix.

We also hear the same tosh over and over again about it being the breed, it isn't.

Take a look at tha statistics for dog bites, most are committed by Jack Russels, Spaniels, Labradors etc.

Reporters/press have a lot to do with the bad reputation these dogs have.
For instance if an attacking dog is a cross breed do they ever say the dog is a Collie/Staff cross, or a Lab/Staff cross? No, they always lead with the Staff and use that awful stock photo of a dog showing its teeth.

Kids should never be left with dogs, never ever.

I'm not a snob but you just know what type of owner it is before the finer details are released.

Ps bring back licensing and testing.

Tbf none of those dog breeds are renowned for actually killing anyone, are they?

Check out Cesar Millan aka 'The Dog Whisperer' He's an absolute genius on dog behaviour and training wayward pooches..

Tbf none of those dog breeds are renowned for actually killing anyone, are they?

Check out Cesar Millan aka 'The Dog Whisperer' He's an absolute genius on dog behaviour and training wayward pooches..

I'm sure other breeds have been responsible for deaths but not as widely reported.
My examples were to show every dog has the propensity to attack.

And his(Cesar Millan)thoughts on the Bull breeds is here
https://www.cesarsway.com/about-dogs/breeds/the-10-best-family-dog-breeds

I'm not a dog owner and I can't see me ever being one, but I do have fond memories of bull dogs being our family pets, well before the 'devil dog' reputation.

Sponsored Links
A majority of people you speak to will have fond memories of dogs. However the minority of people that do not like dogs or are afraid of them is a huge number of people. It never ceases to amaze me that a lot of dog owners think that everyone loves their dog as much as they do and are happy to let the mutt run up to people whether they are dog friendly or petrified.
My missus runs with a lass that is petrified of dogs and usually has a giggle when she sees her squirming when dogs approach. Incidentally my wife adores the wet chopped cretins.

I have had my share of run-ins with dogs - some win some lose. I am of the mind set that I will use any force necessary to defend myself or my family. I would not hesitate to kill a dog if it was necessary.
We have the FIL's dog in our house as we speak.

Quite correct, owners are irresponsible most of the time.

I'm all for every dog being muzzled in public.

We had an experience at work, following the famous last words "he's very friendly"

Customer had an Irish Wokfhound. We were introduced to this family member upon arrival at work, all very friendly.

I put the ladders up at the rear of the house and my labourer began unloading the van(driveway at bottom of garden).

I heard barking and my labourer shouting "Terry" my labourer was on the van roof with the dog stood growling at him, stood on its hind legs its head was level with the van's gutters.

I came down the ladders(laughing at the look of terror on the poor lads face)and before I knew it the dog was at the base of the ladders waiting for me.

The owner had gone out leaving the dog to roam the garden. This dog's game went on for two hours, not until the customer returned could we get any work done.

You've obviously never been attacked by a dog. Nosey.

I was once out walking and an alsatian came up to me and started jumping up into the air next to me at shoulder height and snapping its jaws. The owner was surprised I was terrifed. We used to have dogs too, so I like the things.

We don't know the circumstances of the attack. It is possible the dog was placid but terrified by the epileptic fit and saw the owner as a threat. Or it could have been an aggressive little begger owned by a laddish chav.

The neighbour's have a Bull terrier breed, it's the most timid dog I've ever met. Dog's are usually if not always softies if treated well. A friend's Jack Russell terrifies the postman but she's all bark, and a big softie, not that the postie takes a chance.

Did you kill it?
No, but one was put down. I don't know if that was because of injuries the dog sustained when I defended myself or whether that was because the dog attacked everyone that came into the kitchen.

My neighbour was leaving his house to fetch his daily paper t'other day and told me my dog went for him. Damn my dog is smart.

I was bitten by an alsatian, while walking home from school. I was about seventeen. It bit me just above the wrist. I was wearing a heavy coat.
Although there was no puncture wound, the sheer crushing force of the bite was immense; the next day (and for a week afterwards), it felt like my arm was broken, and I couldn't use it.
A single, quick bite.

Sponsored Links
Back