Pit Bull Terrier, why?

Heaven forbid poor people can't afford dangerous dogs eh. Whatever next.

Sponsored Links
It now appears the Dog was one of the Banned Breeds, which explains the Parents being charged with Manslaughter.

Sponsored Links
The trouble is you are not thinking, you're trying to play the gd game that you so despise ;)
Hmm, probably the answer I should have expected.

Anyone else? Any takers?

I have cats so could not have a dog at the moment, but I would certainly be prepared to own a staff. My sister had a pit/staff cross for 14 years and he was never aggressive towards anyone including children. Having said that, I would not have ANY dog if I had young children. Infact, I would not have cats either.

What happened to the little girl is very very sad, but you have to blame the owners as much as the dog.

An elderly woman had her face beaten to a pulp recently but there is no campaign to ban human beings.
But every time we get these stories about somebody being mauled or killed by a dog it was always the friendliest dog you could ever meet that wouldn't hurt a fly. And that includes the odd staffy that's gone nuts. I take your point about not letting any dog or cat near an infant and obviously you have the sense to make a distinction, but the fact is that most of the people who own these dogs are inadequate's that don't have that ability.

I'd be quite happy to see the entire bull-terrier breed fade into extinction.

As would the vast majority of owners that have rescued that type of dog.

We had micky's balls removed within days of getting him. Dasiy was spayed and had an umbilical hernia repaired at cost of £400. Again within days of getting her.

Condense all the posts down to simple dialogue and it reads...

Is there any point to these dangerous dogs?
No.

Who owns them?
Chavs, law breakers and irresponsible morons.

Anyone agree that the world would be a better place without them?
Yes, most of us.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
The original question of "Why would anyone want these as pets?" has not been answered.

Yes it has. They are kept by macho yobbos who want to look like tough guys.

You know the more I read your posts the more depressed I become about the quality of teachers in this country.

I'm happy to take your criticisms on board, but tell me what is incorrect about what I said.

Incidentally, so am I!

I'd be quite happy to see the entire bull-terrier breed fade into extinction.

As would the vast majority of owners that have rescued that type of dog.

We had micky's balls removed within days of getting him. Dasiy was spayed and had an umbilical hernia repaired at cost of £400. Again within days of getting her.

Why did you pick this type of dog??????? there must have been little small type mongrels to save????

Back in the ole days Pit bulls typically lived in their owner’s homes, where they earned the nickname “nursemaid’s dog” because they were so reliable with young children.

Their big softies if brought up right.

Condense all the posts down to simple dialogue and it reads...

Is there any point to these dangerous dogs?
No.

Who owns them?
Chavs, law breakers and irresponsible morons.

Anyone agree that the world would be a better place without them?
Yes, most of us.

I did say in my post that in the right circumstances, I would be prepared to own a staff. I don't consider myself a chav or a moron - the opposite infact as I would not expose a 'dangerous' dog or a non-dangerous dog (if there is such a thing) to children.

There are thousands of these dogs in this country that do nothing worse than a cr*p on the rug but when one or two attack, suddenly all of them should be put down. Just like the fox hysteria a year or so ago.

I can think of a couple of reasons for owning one:

They make good pets (for adults)

They are good visual deterent for the chavs, lawbreakers and morons that break into people's homes.

Ok, only two reasons but are there any additional reasons for owning a yorkie or a poodle?

Have I answered the question yet?

Sponsored Links
Back