Nation of pet lovers eh?

You have to wonder about peoples wit when they take a big terrier into a school. And by the sound of it no muzzel.
Pet dogs will always be exposed to children and vice-versa.

I agree though, dogs should be muzzled.

Sponsored Links
noseall wrote
If however, I was in a position to use a trained working dog then i probably would

After a while you will become attached to it and you would be on here with your emotional out pourings.
It's impossible not too unless you really do have a heart of stone.

After a while you become attached to it and you would be on here with your emotional out pourings.
It's impossible not too unless you really do have a heart of stone.
I may be a bit odd but i don't get attached to pets and never have.
My great white hunter friend does not keep his dogs as pets either. He does not pamper or pander to them at all. They live in an outbuilding and are used for working. Admittedly he felt a loss when his Alpha male 'Geordie' pegged it but was pragmatic also and quickly replaced him.

There are people that keep animals as pets and they give them lots of love and attention. Then there are people that keep pets for working or as a means to an income. I have seen horses buckle and collapse in the street whilst in Egypt (because they were used to ferry tourists around in the unbearable heat).

The fact your hunter friend does not get attached to his dogs is not surprising. He is a hunter, so does not care for animals anyway.

It annoys me when farmers appear all concerned about their animals when they are ill or lost. They couldn't give a sh*t apart from the money they will lose.

Sponsored Links
Why does it upset you? These animals are commodities related to turnover in a business. They are not family pets.

Arable farmers don't get attached to caulifowers.

It annoys me when farmers appear all concerned about their animals when they are ill or lost. They couldn't give a sh*t apart from the money they will lose.
Why does it annoy you?
Try being a farmer for a week. Or even an hour.

It annoys me how townies are so naive about how animals are farmed.

There are people that keep animals as pets and they give them lots of love and attention. Then there are people that keep pets for working .
No, there are people that have pets and there are people that use animals for working.

You are confused over the words 'pet' and 'working animal'. People that use an animal for working do not class that animal as a pet.

But he continues to kick your silly ass. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The point is that there is a whole spectrum of pets that are poorly looked after and not well trained up to the complete opposite. It seems pretty sensible to think that those animals who live their lives in the upper end of this spectrum are less likely to cause problems. (This would also seem true for members of our own species)

However, there are always going to be exceptions. The question is whether you want to "punish" all creatures due to the antics of the tiny minority.

Sponsored Links
Back