Nation of pet lovers eh?

It annoys me when farmers appear all concerned about their animals when they are ill or lost. They couldn't give a sh*t apart from the money they will lose.
Why does it annoy you?
Try being a farmer for a week. Or even an hour.

It annoys me how townies are so naive about how animals are farmed.

I think you have missed my point. I understand that farm animals are not pets and that they are there to be slaughtered and eaten by humans (including me) but sometimes they pretend to be concerned on an emotional level which is not true.

'It broke my heart having to put down my herd of cows'

No, it broke your wallet. They were going to be put down anyway eventually.

Sponsored Links
There are people that keep animals as pets and they give them lots of love and attention. Then there are people that keep pets for working .
No, there are people that have pets and there are people that use animals for working.

You are confused over the words 'pet' and 'working animal'. People that use an animal for working do not class that animal as a pet.

I meant to say 'animals for working'.

Why is that stupid? People that like animals don't go round killing them for sport.
He does not kill animals for sport. He is in the culling, pest control and vermin business.

He makes life better for our native wild animals on a daily basis.

One of the stupidest things done in a long time was for those loony animal rights activists to free a load of Mink. Thank god for experienced trappers and hunters i say.

People like you Squark are completely clueless about the real animal world.

There's plenty of people who go out to kill animals for what they class as "sport".
They get a kick out of it for some reason. Nothing to do with pest control.

They might call themselves "hunters" or "trappers" but they are nothing more than vermin.

Sponsored Links
There's plenty of people who go out to kill animals for what they class as "sport".
They get a kick out of it for some reason. Nothing to do with pest control.

They might call themselves "hunters" or "trappers" but they are nothing more than vermin.
I'm pretty sure there are people like that Norcs and do keep these little pearls of wisdom coming.

What has this got to do with the people I mentioned?

You are right. I do not have a clue about the animal world and I don't wish to know the details concerning culling. I am also a 'townie' as you say. I also would not like to be a farmer as I am sure it is a very tough job.

You say that you have no real connection with animals and that's why you don't own a dog. I do have more of a connection with animals whether it's a dog or a rat.

That is where we are different in our opinions. That is why your 'Hunter' friend has no real connection either. That's why he is able to kill animals and I am not.

I think we need to agree to disagree.

That is where we are different in our opinions. That is why your 'Hunter' friend has no real connection either. That's why he is able to kill animals and I am not.
He knows more about the welfare and protection of our native wildlife than anyone i know.

However, it is fair to say he does have a certain emotional detachment, particularly when it comes to the more squeamish side to the business. I think those people that work with animals and do it for a living have a very different view on all things regarding animals in comparison to say your average pet owner.

Rightly so. When it is your livelihood you soon have to shed that mushy feeling you once had when messing about with your first puppy or kitten. Their business is very real and very messy and can involve some stomach churning decision making, particularly when it is cruel to prolong that decision.

Gordon Bennit noseall you aren't half spouting some nonsense.

A dog is a dog. It's the likes of you that thinks a pet dog is something different that causes all the bleeding problems.

Don't get a dog. And don't be so bloody stupid to let a 'working dog' from your 'great white hunter' mill with yer kids unless there is somebody who understands dogs in control. And that person ain't you.

A dog is a dog. It's the likes of you that thinks a pet dog is something different that causes all the bleeding problems.
This is precisely my point. It is the likes of pet owners that think a dog is a pet that causes all the problems you dummy.

Especially when they take their so-called pet onto a school playground and expose them to kids thinking he won't bite anyone.

Jeepers chapoo you are either extremely stupid or you can't read. :rolleyes:

You also need to take a few deep breaths.

And don't be so bloody stupid to let a 'working dog' from your 'great white hunter' mill with yer kids unless there is somebody who understands dogs in control. And that person ain't you.
A bit like that rozzer who let rover have lunch on that little child whilst still on a leash.
I understand dogs well enough thankyou.

Your little pearls of wisdom are almost as entertaining as Norcs's

Lets remember that the problems dogs cause are miniscule in comparison to the good that they do.
And that 99.999% of those miniscule problems are caused by humans in the first place.

And also you don't get many dogs strolling into a school and opening up with a sub-machine gun.

This is precisely my point. It is the likes of pet owners that think a dog is a pet that causes all the problems you dummy.

Especially when they take their so-called pet onto a school playground and expose them to kids thinking he won't bite anyone.

Jeepers chapoo you are either extremely stupid or you can't read. :rolleyes:

You also need to take a few deep breaths.

What sort of numb skull would take a dog onto a school playground full of screaming kids? Its more than obvious what would happen!!

What sort of numb skull would take a dog onto a school playground full of screaming kids? Its more than obvious what would happen!!
The same people who take their dog to a play park, the same people who take their dog to a sweet-shop, the same people who take their dog to a family pub, the same people who take their dog to Macdonalds.
There are thousands of idiot dog owners out there, they just do not know it yet.

Just goes to show what really comes first. Holiday abroad or the dog.....holiday it is then!
You're just thinking about yourself :!:
This is one of the reasons i keep on refusing to give in to the wife and kids.
A bit of a bully here
It really irks me when people ask others to look after their pets whilst on holiday so i do not want to be in a position myself, to have to ask others.
If it's wasn't for the animals lovers, might as well put all animals down. One day you might need their help. What goes around comes around. :!:

I'm not keen on cleaning up pet shoite on a daily basis either.
Nor me but that's life

Me think you're having a bad day ;)

Well noseall does display double standards, you know... on camping "P.S. i don't like camping myself but i am prepared to rough it for the sake of me sprogs." and on pets "This is one of the reasons i keep on refusing to give in to the wife and kids." :LOL:

Well noseall does display double standards, you know... on camping "P.S. i don't like camping myself but i am prepared to rough it for the sake of me sprogs." and on pets "This is one of the reasons i keep on refusing to give in to the wife and kids." :LOL:
Let me explain richard Ed if i may and i will do it s-l-o-w-l-y if you wish.

Camping lasts for about four days and is carried out by a group of families so is not all that bad. We can also camp when we want i.e. take it or leave it on a weather dependant basis.

A dog however lasts for several years, is a daily chore and will end up being my sole responsibility at some point during its life. The huge and underlying difference meanwhile is that the children will get bored of the dog rather quickly.

Camping every now and then is great for the sprogs and they look forward to it every time. If we did it every day they would hate it and it would not be 'healthy' for them. So if you think that if i give in to the children and buy them a dog that i am some how improving the lives of my children, then you are dumber than chapoo. In fact, reading through your post i am embarrassed for you.

Poor Di, at least she is prepared to suffer a fool gladly.

Oh i forgot to add...."laugh out loud". :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back