Another stupid dog another stupid victim.

Maybe the victim mistreated the dog badly and only had himself to blame. But yeah, keeping a dog that is capable of tearing you up is never a wise move. Be interesting to have all the facts.

Sky say it was his dog. The Daily mirror state that it was his girlfriends dog which was a pitbull terrier, doubt it actually was a pb as we all know they're banned so more likely a pitbull cross.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/preston-dog-attack-first-picture-7104404

The PB isn't a banned breed.
As long as they're registered to the owner, the dog is neutered, 3rd party insurance and muzzled in public then it's perfectly legal to own one.
According to the official govt website there are 4 banned dog breeds.
  • Pit Bull Terrier
  • Japanese Tosa
  • Dogo Argentino
  • Fila Brazili
But also goes on to say..
  • If you have a banned dog
    If you have a banned dog, the police or local council dog warden can take it away and keep it, even if:
    • it isn’t acting dangerously
    • there hasn’t been a complaint
    The police may need permission from a court to do this.

If your dog is in:
    • a public place, the police don’t need a warrant
    • a private place, the police must get a warrant
    • a private place and the police have a warrant for something else (like a drugs search), they can seize your dog
    A police or council dog expert will judge what type of dog you have and whether it is (or could be) a danger to the public. Your dog will then either be:
    • released
    • kept in kennels while the police (or council) apply to a court
    You’re not allowed to visit your dog while you wait for the court decision.
https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/banned-dogs

Quite confusing, I'm guessing it's to do with establishing if these dogs are thoroughbreds or not.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the victim mistreated the dog badly and only had himself to blame. But yeah, keeping a dog that is capable of tearing you up is never a wise move. Be interesting to have all the facts.

Sky say it was his dog. The Daily mirror state that it was his girlfriends dog which was a pitbull terrier, doubt it actually was a pb as we all know they're banned so more likely a pitbull cross.

As long as they're registered to the owner, the dog is neutered, 3rd party insurance and muzzled in public then it's perfectly legal to own one.
  • Pit Bull Terrier
  • Japanese Tosa
  • Dogo Argentino
  • Fila Brazili
    If you have a banned dog, the police or local council dog warden can take it away and keep it, even if:

If your dog is in:
    • a private place and the police have a warrant for something else (like a drugs search), they can seize your dog
    A police or council dog expert will judge what type of dog you have and whether it is (or could be) a danger to the public. Your dog will then either be:
    • released

Quite confusing, I'm guessing it's to do with establishing if these dogs are thoroughbreds or not.
I agree, very confusing indeed.
The law is an a$$ when it comes to stating the Pitbull is a banned breed as it isn't actually a recognised breed, a Heinz 57 if you like.

It states it's banned but if you can prove to a court it isn't a danger to the public and meet the strict criteria set out then the court can grant an exemption certificate, all this makes a mockery of the banned list.

• Pit Bull Terrier
  • Japanese Tosa
  • Dogo Argentino
  • Fila Brazili

If your dog is in:
    • released

I agree, very confusing indeed.
The law is an a$$ when it comes to stating the Pitbull is a banned breed as it isn't actually a recognised breed, a Heinz 57 if you like.

It states it's banned but if you can prove to a court it isn't a danger to the public and meet the strict criteria set out then the court can grant an exemption certificate, all this makes a mockery of the banned list.
True dat.. I'm not entirely happy with that list of banned breeds. Staffies should also be added asap :D
Well maybe not but I don't like them at all, they were bred for fighting and they scare me tbh..

I wouldn't have one either but that's because I'm too selfish to dedicate time to any animal.

As for SBT's, a wonderful dog(in the right hands)and the only breed I'd ever have if I were interested in sharing my time with an animal.

Sponsored Links
It's seen as a yob dog. All other dog owners will treat you like a pariah if you own one.

It's seen as a yob dog. All other dog owners will treat you like a pariah if you own one.
That shows the mentality of some.
Maybe they should see it as a Staffie with a yob on a lead.

Maybe the government could ban yobs and dish out destruction orders, I quite like that idea.

AH, dangerous dogs, I remember this being discussed a few years ago.

Apparently, the way to deal with a dangerous dog mauling you, is to 'simply' insert a finger into it's ar*e.!!!!.... Genius.:D F*ck That!!!!

I can spot a couple of fundamental flaws in this plan of action.:LOL:

1) Mid maul, who's got time to stop defending themselves long enough to start fumbling around for the ar*e????

2) If said ar*e found, there's every chance this will really, really p*ss it off. !!!!

I've chuckled for years over that advice.:LOL:

Not just this dog but I hate all dogs. I go running in a park and dogs are a constant source of anxiety for me, it's mainly because a dog is ALWAYS an extension of a person, and if I get loud and noisy stupid dogs barking at me as I'm running towards them on a path in a park I'm perfectly entitled to be running on it's usually because the owner is to thick in the skull to realise not everyone wants or should be willing to put up with that sh1t. Reasonable people put idiot dogs on a leash, stupid people let a stupid dog run about aggresively running up to people. Luckily where I am is a very safe area, so I never worry about getting bitten because if it came to it I'd kick the dogs rib cage into pulp before it had a chance to get at my face. If I came across dogs like in this news article on a daily basis it would put me off exercising completely because I wouldn't stand much of a chance, always prepared to use my door keys to jab right through a dogs eyeball though, in case it ever happened. ... Not to mention all the dog sh1t uncaring owners fail to pick up after they've crapped on the running paths. Kill them all if I had any choice tbh.

I agree.

Except Jack Russells, of course, they're really clever.

They've sussed that if they bark non stop for ten hours, their owners will come back from work.

Bloody stupid pets.

Ye
AH, dangerous dogs, I remember this being discussed a few years ago.

Apparently, the way to deal with a dangerous dog mauling you, is to 'simply' insert a finger into it's ar*e.!!!!.... Genius.:D F*ck That!!!!

I can spot a couple of fundamental flaws in this plan of action.:LOL:

1) Mid maul, who's got time to stop defending themselves long enough to start fumbling around for the ar*e????

2) If said ar*e found, there's every chance this will really, really p*ss it off. !!!!

I've chuckled for years over that advice.:LOL:
yep, always amused me along with that other pearl, if swimming and you come across a shark. Stay still, face the shark and either punch it on the nose or jab it in the eyes or gills.
Yeah right.
I'm ignoring all that and I'll swim in the opposite direction as fast as I can.
If it's hungry enough to swim through a wake of sh@t to get to me then I'm finished.

I'm not sure who's the biggest f*ckwit. the person that creates a nasty dog or the person who keeps blaming the dog every time something like this happens. ;)

Years ago I came across a Golden retriever which was muzzled, the kids wanted to stroke it, so I asked the owner & he said no way, the dog was a rescue dog & had been so mistreated it was not a wise idea. Golden retrievers are seen as one of the most docile & kid friendly dogs, just proves you cant blame the breed.

Sponsored Links
Back