Dog owners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been reading about the tragic death of a 14 year old girl who was attacked by four dogs,two bull mastiffs and two staff bull terriers..the owner had another small dog so that is five in total with the bull mastiffs being a large breed but have you seen the size of the house that accommodated all of them? and the owner was jobless single woman so it must have been expensive to feed them.
I know the majority of dog owners are responsible and the owner of these dogs must be very remorseful but why has she got 5 dogs? .
see the link...its heartbreaking though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...v-Concannon-dogs-mauled-girl-goes-hiding.html

Sponsored Links
Whenever you hear about dog attacks as soon as you see the house on the news it's always got 6 spray painted wheelie bins out front.

And they all drive 10 year old BMW 7 Series, eat fry ups and read the Sun or the Star.

Sponsored Links
Owning a dog/s like that should be the same as owning a revolver.
Use it or lose it.
Their both dangerous weapons after all!

I put the blame solely on the authorities. Not least the social for dishing them out the money.

She was a dog breeder - bet she didn't declare her profits mind.

That's interesting news. I was expecting the owner to be a stereotypical macho yobbo. Still, she looks like the female equivalent.

How nice, though, that she's escaped prosecution due to a legal loophole. :rolleyes:

How nice, though, that she's escaped prosecution due to a legal loophole. :rolleyes:

Not for to long hopefully if they pull their finger out on passing the new law.

And she breeds dogs in that mess of a garden, Wouldn't even let my dog sh*t in that mess.

It's the Daily Mail FFS. They only print stuff if it will wind their readers up. If the Dangerous Dogs Act doesn't apply then the cops/CPS need to pull their fingers out of their botties and find a law that does. If some child gets killed by a pack of dogs then somebody need to go to prison.

Not to mention the piles of dog turds in the back garden........I said not mention that!!!

It's the Daily Mail FFS. They only print stuff if it will wind their readers up. If the Dangerous Dogs Act doesn't apply then the cops/CPS need to pull their fingers out of their botties and find a law that does. If some child gets killed by a pack of dogs then somebody need to go to prison.

If what is printed is true though, what relevance does the phrase "They only print stuff if it will wind their readers up." have?
However, totally agree - someone must be held accountable for this tragic loss of life, with a meaningful sentence.[/b]

If what is printed is true though, what relevance does the phrase "They only print stuff if it will wind their readers up." have?
However, totally agree - someone must be held accountable for this tragic loss of life, with a meaningful sentence.[/b]

Got to agree with that,it does not what matter whether its the mail or any other media its the story that counts... and this is what happened not a editor trying to stir things up.. I do agree that although the owner never in a million years never thought or wanted this to happen but she should not walk away scot free after this young girl has lost her life

"For a Bullmastiff to become a well-behaved family member consistency is needed. Training and socialization is of high importance. Dogs of this breed are natural guardians of their home and owners. No special guard training is needed for a Bullmastiff to react appropriately if his family is endangered"

Not my words, but those from Wikipedia.

Obviously in that household the dogs had neither consistency or proper training. They probably felt threatened by the prescense of the young girl alone in the home.

Keeping dogs like that should be made illegal quickly. The woman should also be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter at the very least.

Sponsored Links
Back