1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Reclaimed Parquet Floor

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by Rod2808, 11 Mar 2020.

1. Rod2808

Rod2808

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm planning a parquet floor for the downstairs of my house. I was going to use the standard tiles but I've been given 30m2 of a smaller tile 120x24x7mm - see picture.

Does anyone know why they aren't commonly relaid? I can't find anything online about relaying them. Is it just they're considered uglier so no one bothers or are they a lot more work too?

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Do a search of this forum and you'll see posts that I and others have made recommending how to lay parquet.

The process often requires access to a table saw and a chop saw to clean-up and if needs be resize the parquet blocks and the adhesives required are both expensive and awkward to deal with. Finally, once the floor is down it will need to be sanded level, which will require the hiring-in of an industrial floor sander. So, a bit more complex than laying ceramic floor tiles IMHO

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Tigercubrider

Tigercubrider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am guessing that they are more work, finger parquet is less attractive ( so less valuable) and no doubt is three or four times the work.
    If it's all like the photo the bitumen may come off easily ? But it's a labour of love just cleaning it.

5. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That's why when I've done it I've generally resorted to a hired-in table saw to clean it up - it makes a lot of mess and wrecks blades

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links