Reclaimed Parquet Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning a parquet floor for the downstairs of my house. I was going to use the standard tiles but I've been given 30m2 of a smaller tile 120x24x7mm - see picture.

Does anyone know why they aren't commonly relaid? I can't find anything online about relaying them. Is it just they're considered uglier so no one bothers or are they a lot more work too?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_140435.jpg
    IMG_20200311_140435.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 241
Sponsored Links
Do a search of this forum and you'll see posts that I and others have made recommending how to lay parquet.

The process often requires access to a table saw and a chop saw to clean-up and if needs be resize the parquet blocks and the adhesives required are both expensive and awkward to deal with. Finally, once the floor is down it will need to be sanded level, which will require the hiring-in of an industrial floor sander. So, a bit more complex than laying ceramic floor tiles IMHO

I am guessing that they are more work, finger parquet is less attractive ( so less valuable) and no doubt is three or four times the work.
If it's all like the photo the bitumen may come off easily ? But it's a labour of love just cleaning it.

Sponsored Links
If it's all like the photo the bitumen may come off easily ? But it's a labour of love just cleaning it.
That's why when I've done it I've generally resorted to a hired-in table saw to clean it up - it makes a lot of mess and wrecks blades

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back