Recommend a loft conversion design company?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this isn't deemed to be advertising, and therefore against the rules, and I apologise if it is, but...

Can anyone recommend a design service for a loft conversion in Birmingham/West Midlands? I would need all structural engineering calculations and all required plans drawn up with materials specifications etc.

Does anyone have any idea what this service is likely to cost?

The house is an early 1950s 2-bed mid-terrace with a gable front. The gable gives great space towards the front of the loft so there's no real need for a dormer but we may put one on the back to give a bit more room for the en-suite.

Without the dormer, planning permission shouldn't be required unless someone can tell me it is if we plan to put a window into the front of the gable, because it's obviously not simply a velux. I'm not sure on this point.

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back