Recommend a new panel please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In our new house we've inherited a Gardtec something or other, possibly a 370 from what I've researched but 1) it's crap; I dislike the two segment LED approach and 2) it's not working properly. It's displaying 'EN' and all sorts of other rubbish when trying to set it. I do have the engineer code but no manual yet.

All the detectors, contacts and both bells seem ok so I'm after a panel and remote keypad that works with standard wired kit.

Do they not make anything similar to the old Gardiner 816? I fitted a couple of these years ago and they are still going strong. I've seen the contoured keypad housing in use on other systems but am unsure if it's the same stuff. There seems to be a lot of choice out there but some of it looks a bit cheap ad nasty.

Can anyone recommend a decent panel with lcd display?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gardtec replacement will be a GT600 for the 800 series but hard to get hold of since they shut down all the trade counters , I would fit a castle euromini panel around £55 plus vat 10 zones LCD keypad inc prox

Sounds like it's in engineering. Press 0 lots of times till you get to Un. Then try setting

Poor quality display ? Hard to read symbols
Get rid and update panel as sparkymarka says

Sponsored Links
Display is correct as he is in engineering so pushing keys won't set it. Still worth updating though.

The displays on all gardtec 300 series go faint over the years and you cannot see the symbols
Does not matter that it is engineering you can not see the symbols correctly
Change the panel past its sell buy date ?
Better panels out there now like sparkymarka says

Think he said it's just displaying en and other rubbish not going faint hence my answer. I also prefer the euro mini however on the issue of faint displays have u also noticed how dark the keypad displays go after a year or so? Not sure if it affects the tag version yet.

Ill have a look at the euromini, thanks. I've read a few other posts.. the Texecom stuff seems to get good reviews but not sure if you have to be trade to buy?

As for the current panel, sorry should have been clearer. The led display is clear enough to read, it just displays unexpected stuff.

It used to display Un or Se but now displays En when unset. When I enter the code then press Yes it makes the exit sound, shows AC, 26 then 15 then returns to En. I wondered if it was locked somehow.

Id like to get it working in the short term but want to replace it as soon as I get chance.

Thanks.

As I said appears to be in engineering mode press 0 lots until you get back to Un can't advise any further until u try this. Could be no not zero. Memory fading with age.

Last edited:
If it comes up with ac when u try to set it note the numbers it displays I think I have the anticode software somewhere.

As I said appears to be in engineering mode press 0 lots until you get back to Un can't advise any further until u try this. Could be no not zero. Memory fading with age.
No your correct 0 is the esc key on gardtec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back