Recommend a silent air Compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for buy a air compressor which will be used by the wife (dental student) for practising dentistry on artificial teeth (not on humans).

I am looking for a low noise compressor which can be kept in my spare bedroom and have found a couple of brands (and very expensive too..!!)

Anyone who knows their compressors or have used these brands or models, it would be great if you can give your comments on these brands. These are not dental compressors as they will not be used on people..but normal silent ranges.

1) Clarke Shhh range (2/9)
2) Charnwood silent compressor (15 litre tank)

Also can someone pls tell me what is the oil consumption on these. I mean do they use a lot of oil or a couple of litres a month is enough..?? (the compressors will be used for 1 to 2 hrs a day on 40 psi on an average)

I am total newbie on compressors...thanks for your input

Sidd

Sponsored Links
These are diaphragm rather than piston compressors and therefore are very quiet - even more so if you mount the feet on rubber pads or similar.
They don't supply a vast supply of air though, therefore if the dental tools use a lot of air then a larger storage tank is required to keep them going.
The tools themselves will have a cfm and psi rating on them which will help you choose.
Oil consumption will be negligible on the compressor - the tool is unlikely to need lubrication, considering where it will be!
John :)

These are diaphragm rather than piston compressors and therefore are very quiet - even more so if you mount the feet on rubber pads or similar.
They don't supply a vast supply of air though, therefore if the dental tools use a lot of air then a larger storage tank is required to keep them going.
The tools themselves will have a cfm and psi rating on them which will help you choose.
Oil consumption will be negligible on the compressor - the tool is unlikely to need lubrication, considering where it will be!

Yes they dont supply a lot air but are adequate for the dental work as I know they are used by other dental students. These compressors are in a range of £300 pounds and if I go for a bigger storage tank the price shoots up quite a lot so these are the only kind i can go for..!!

Sponsored Links
Yep, they are quite expensive compared with the piston ones but they work well enough.
I have to say, the dentists I have visited recently have all been completely marvellous - amazing skill and dexterity!
I wonder what makes people wish to become a dentist? I'm asked the same question occasionally...a teacher? :eek: No fear :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back