Recommend a vacuum cleaner for garage

I've had a Pnts1500 wet and dry vac with power socket from Lidl for the last 3 years which has exceeded my expectations.
For really mucky or bulky stuff which would fill or block the bag quickly I use an ash can attachment, the latter I use on the house vac as well and it's superb.
View attachment 261378
I've noticed aldi have thus available from Sunday
Screenshot_20220218_144221_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sponsored Links
I haven't been able to get on Aldi site to check but It would be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't have a power socket on it to switch sanders etc on and off

Sponsored Links
If you can still get hold of one, the Stanley SXECFA1XBJE for master/slave power take off.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you can still get hold of one, the Stanley SXECFA1XBJE for master/slave power take off.
Couldn't find your Stanley lead, but I found a vacuum switch box on Amazon, at £78? Toolovation do it cheaper at £70, but still you could build always your own

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Couldn't find your Stanley lead, but I found a vacuum switch box on Amazon, at £78? Toolovation do it cheaper at £70, but still you could build always your own

Ouch.

Every so often lidl do a 5 socket extension with master and slave function. Intended for home electronics such as TV and wifi or computer stuff, but may be OK for tools.

Why buy a vacuum switch when they come built into sub £100 vacs. I plug a multi plug extension lead into my vac and then all tools plug into this. As soon as I operate a tool the vac comes on. Can then just swap the vac hoses over as and when for each tool or build a full system with all hoses linking to the vac. Vac stays in the corner and then emptied as required. If doing lots of woodwork would recommend a cyclone bucket to colelct the dust easier and not clog up the filter of the vac.

Agreed. It got mentioned, so I went and had a dig around as the discussion wqs about lower cost vacs. My work vacs are power take-off models, but the switches won't work reliably (or for a long period) with 2000 watt routers or 1800 watt chop saws, which is typical. Seriously considering building a PLC controlled slave switch (partly because I have a couple of PLC switches kicking about and some 30A relays).I'm with you on the pre-filter cyclone - I have built one for a work vac which works well and keeps the main filters and filter back very clean, although it looks a bit Heath-Robinson, so maybe a mk.2 super-slick version is called for

For £20 you can purchase a remote control pass through plug. You could run an extension lead from it and plug the sander/tool in to it along with the vacuum. Keep the remote in your pocket and press the button as required.

I have a HVLP turbine for spraying which I try to keep as far away as possible when spraying, approx. 7m away. The remote control saves me having to walk back and forth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back