Recommend me a good oil boiler..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new combi oil boiler, what's a good make?

What can you guys recommend?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Grant would be the make for me when it becomes necessary!
Well made, simple, frequently with Riello RDB burners - the biz.
John :)

third that. the new worcester greenstar ones are crap. seen many of breakdowns on these. personally id go with system boiler and unvented if able.

Sponsored Links
third that. the new worcester greenstar ones are crap. seen many of breakdowns on these. personally id go with system boiler and unvented if able.

Agreed oil boiler with unvented is best combination and only a little more
expensive than having an oil combi. My preference as it's a lot lighter
to install than a heavy combi.

Combi already in place, so needs to be replaced with combi.

I was looking at a greenstar, whoops.!

What about firebird?

What about firebird?

Been out to fix a firebird just before christmas C26.
Strange burner half way up the boiler not a good start.

Grant.

Just been on the grant website and they look very good.

Grant it is then.

What about firebird?

Been out to fix a firebird just before christmas C26.
Strange burner half way up the boiler not a good start.

Grant.

What you didn't notice that it was a reillo rdb!!

I fit a variety of oil boiler but mainly firebirds or wall hung grants. Used to fit worcesters.

The only problems i've had is with reillo burners pumps failing but it was a known problem that has been rectified.

I would go with either firebird or grant. Nothing between them worth talking about. Firebird combis have 5 year warranty at moment

Firebirds are ok, if anything I would say that firebird casings are better finished than grants. Grant flues are a lot better though. Both Riello burners. Good thing about firebird is the little condense pump that you can fit inside the casing.

Firebirds are NOT ok IMO. The bad thing about them is the condensate outlet is at the bottom, where it always leaks, and corrodes the casing. They are a pain to clean when sooty too.

They are a pain to clean when sooty too.

would say that is the only advantage for worcester over grant. the pottertons were good for cleaning also. shame about the heat ex. but as for firebird on paper they look good. but from what i'v dealt with. i'll stay with grant thanks.

Worcester? advantage? that's not the Camrays then. They are diabolical.

sorry just meant the newer greenstars. when grants get sooted up, there a nightmare. especially with them turbulators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back