Recommendation for a 63amp fuse switch

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I hope this is a separate box to the one with the DNO equipment in it, if not you need to confirm your plan is OK with SP

I will be glanding the 3core swa into the bottom of the meter box, I'm obviously going to be putting a metal plate at the bottom to reinforce the live and neutral will be going into a 63amp fused switch (do they do 63amp?) the earth will be PME

If you're using a cable that doesn't require glanding in to a metal enclosure then these are brilliant:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CGMSF100.html[/QUOTE]
blank65x10t.gif
whathesaidsmiley.gif

aka a MEM 800KMF

This has been checked and yes this is ok to do asking as there is the space which there is !
I would get that permission in writing from the Distribution Network Operator. Taking up that space might complicate things in the future ( off peak teleswitch or similar required to be fitted )

Gland in the bottom of the meter box ? Sounds like a surface mounted box if there is enough exposed bottom to fit a gland.

I'm obviously going to be putting a metal plate at the bottom to reinforce
Not so obvious is that you are introducing a lump of earthed metal into a box which till then will not have any large exposed earthed metal items. There may be a reason the DNO avoid having exposed metal in their meter boxes.

(do they do 63amp?)
If you mean for the cheap MEM copy, then yes you can get fuses for that switch of the right dimensions, all the way down to 5A.

My biggest concern would be your plan to run live cores from the SWA to a switch inside the cabinet without any secondary sheathing. Personally, I'd take the cable all the way into an adaptable box just under the KMF.

The metal plate I plan to put at the bottom of the box is for reinforcement which will be earthed the idea of maybe having the swa going into a galv adaptable box just under the fused switch is also an idea as well but there may not be room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back