recommendations for a cheap combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate needs a cheap combi for a 3 bed, 1 bathroom house, hes thinking of going for an Ariston Microgenus HE28 any other recommendations or advice?

and no I'm not fitting it ;)

cheers

Sponsored Links
Me and Mehran from ARGI had a day at HeatLine. They have a band B model sold at B and Q and some band a models.

The DV is motorised (strikingly same looking as Vokera and others)
DHW Flow sensing is Hall Effect
Thermisters are like anyone elses
Pump is Grundfos
Sit gas valve with blue stripe showing it won't stick in UK
and so on, no cheap qualities, but it is from Turkey.

If you use Energysmart a sa supplier the Vokera Unica band A is an amaising price. I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be excellent value for money. If I was in charge of the marketing team for the manufacturers who are not involved in the price war but are spending huge amounts on literature and stuff, I would be expecting the sack about now with what sales I would be loosing against Vokera.

What the manufacturers should be doing is selling to corgi registered people at a better price than they do to joe public through the back door via the sheds and their rebadged boilers. We don't have a mark up, why should we sell their boilers for them then?

I think the Main he range is good value. A decent Baxi boiler with a different badge on it.

Did Heatline give you any lunch Paul? If so what was it like?

What did you think of their band A ? I think its quite good!

I did not really understand your last two paragraphs, it was not very clear which manufacturer youwere referring to.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm with Scatmanjohn, never had any bother with main and a good £100 cheaper than branded baxi

It sounds as if you two only install them!

I had one with a failed PCB but it was different from the equivalent Baxi.

Worse the Potty Tech help could not help.

Even worse the drawings of the PCBs in their MI were NOT dwarings of the actual PCBs but just library drawings of a typical PCB.

It took me a few days to get a suggestion of what to try from anyone!

Tony

i use a lot of baxi/main.Although they are a band b , and not a "rolls royce" boiler , they very very rarely fail in my experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back