Recommendations for new thermostat and controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Looking for some advice on replacing my Danfoss RF205-TS and RF receiver that has failed due to a burst pipe.

A smart thermostat would be great but would need to be battery powered as there is no power to the location of the current RF205-TS and running a new cable isn't possible as we have only just redecorated.

Smart radiator valves would be OK but not essential.

What would people recommend fitting.

Boiler is a combi Vaillant ecoTECpro28.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant controls would give better modulation and thus save some money. However, like all other threads relating to similar on here, my advice is - there’s plenty on the market to choose from. BlueLoo will be along soon to recommend Drayton Wiser with trv heads, but you can fit almost any you want.

Heh.

But you make a good point about boiler control. My boiler is just a gas burner with a fan and an off switch. Its an imbecile so the smart boiler capabilities of the wiser system are lost on it.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant boiler, so if you want something better than heat on/heat off, your very best option is the wireless version of a Vaillant control set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back