Recommendations Please

Benny - thanks for the tip. I have read your post with interest and was kinda aware of the implications. I'm not going to buy a car that is more than 1 group above my current car (5).

Been reading about reliability issues with the 307 so that's off my list.

Oh yes Eddie - they may very well be a touch cheaper in light of current events but I still wouldn't touch one. Although I did read in the FT that someone may buy the MG brand and keep the MG TF going.

Sponsored Links
Ok- I have made a purchase after looking at loads of cars yesterday and today. Another 306 I'm afraid! Stuck with what I know. Got one of the late ones - it's a 2000 'W' 1.8 Meridian. Fully loaded with every extra you could want. 40k on the clock, full Peugeot SH, one elderly owner! Was advertised for £4k but paid £3750.

Once again many thanks for all your input - sorry I didn't heed the advice!

The new car:

f487ad90.jpg

My old written off one (got t-boned on a roundabout):

f4ad7ea1.jpg

Looks nice, personally wouldn't touch a peugeot again after the last one, but you know, that's the way it is. MG, yes, the name'll live one somewhere, peronally I think the Alchemy group had it right, transform MG into a specilist high performance sports car marque. We'll see, feel sorry for the longbridge workers, but suppose that is the price of capitalism.

If we, RoBrit, had owned any of the mighty Jap manufacturers car and bikes - . where would they be now ?? Non existent is my bet ..
Once shopkeepers always shopkeepers !! We'd never have persevered beyond the Honda 250 dream mo-bike, complete with square headlights and leccy starter in the 60's ....
We lost our Mo-Bike industry, then watched how the professionals do it, what did we learn ?? Nowt .... Accountants and Lawyers ... cost of everything value of SFA .. Useless, asset stripping, pocket lining barstewards !! Loadsa history and no future !! -- 'cept as shopkeepers, if we are lucky !
p

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
no future !! -- 'cept as shopkeepers, if we are lucky !
p
Not if Tesco etc can help it . And I believe that MG is now Chinese even if Longbridge is history.

Someone said they thought of calling in Charlie Dimmock, to see if she could revive the Longbridge plant ... :cry:

They may have well done ... could it have been worse ?

P

Absolutly love it. Took it for an MOT in the first week and it passed no probs which confirmed in my mind that it had been looked after. Best thing of all was the price - £3750. For that I got leather interior, air con with climate control, leccy windows front and rear, 6 airbags, alloys, sports bumpers and side skirts, rain sensing wipers, and so on. The engine is powerful being a 1.8 16v but lacks the torque of my previous diesel. All in all I'm very happy and glad I didn't blow more cash on a newer car as I've got some left over for a plasma TV!

I've driven a 306 diesel and it was like a truck (without PAS - what wussies we have all become). I would have traded some of that unstallable diesel torque for a more car-like drive! :LOL:

Eddie M (on 5th April) said:
Don't buy an MG, looks like they're about to go bust!!
Can I borrow your crystal ball for tomorrow's lottery?

Sponsored Links
Back