Recommended Air Compressor

Amazing how SGS stay in business. If that's how they treat customers , let's hope it's not for much longer.

Sponsored Links
Have you not read the reviews on the Trusted Reviews website? There are lots of people complaining about this company flouting the customers rights and making it very difficult to process and claim refunds as DaveHerns has also stated above. I understand what the law states but if a company doesn't abide by them completely or makes it really difficult, that doesn't help matters.

I've shown you what consumer rights you have. SGS also operate through ebay and Amazon which give further secondary protection.

The fact of the matter is there's a good chance you'll have a bad time with a lot of internet retailers if the product you buy is duff. You're buying presuming the item you get is going to be okay and not knowingly being sold to you as faulty.

Ingersoll Rand used to manufacture there own piston/resip air ends until it was easier to buy them in. When it was Rand compressors their units were superior and many are still about but they are far from it now. Overpriced yank crap in my view with odd voltages which don't need to be.
No Piston compressor is designed for 100% duty, they are 20% only of the duty cycle. If you want 100% duty, you need a oil lubricated screw compressor or rotary vane.
The companies mentioned don't manufacturer there own air ends as there really is only a handful that do. Fini manufacture there own and for most of the others above. Never really dealt with the smaller companies or brands that just assemble them and put there name on it. Different kettle of fish I'm afraid.
The trade (used for nail guns) usually use Bambi compressors as they are alot quieter than a normal resip compressors but they are alot more expensive for that reason. It's hard to recommend something when it's usage is so varied especially if it's still to be portable. Machine mart although are only as good as the rest do have a better chance at returns as they have stores you can actually go into.
If it's any consolation, industrial resip compressors suffer the same with regards to quality. I'd probably go with a Aldi if I'm honest. It's a bigger name brand that are pretty reasonable when it comes to returns. Failing that, machine mart.

Last edited:
so long as you keep your receipt, aldi and lidl have very good returns policies

Sponsored Links
Talking of Aldi. 24th September. 2.5hp 24l Compressor.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-09-08 at 14.48.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-08 at 14.48.48.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 120
I've gone for a belt driven Wolf Dakota 90l 3hp 14cfm Compressor now as they're quieter than the non belt driven equivalents plus you get more power for the same size capacity which meant I could get a slightly smaller one to fit in my garage without compromising on power output. Oh and there's less parts to replace when parts wear out. 50% duty cycle. 2 year warranty

I reckon that will be a good buy.....my own Machine Mart gear- 14cfm / 100l /3hp has been brilliant.
I am a little concerned (but not much :rolleyes:) at how much corrosion is in the receiver....it's a 2000 yr model.
Anyone like to comment on this?
John :)

you're supposed to decompress and leave the draincock open but i will admit that i tend to forget

Me neither......I remove the drain cock from time to time, let the water out then switch the thing on - lifting the machine up so any residual water runs to the drain.
I never decompress - but the thing is often run daily.
John :)

On my 24 litre Aldi compressor the drain cock is not on the bottom so if I didn't tip it up when draining it, there would be water in the bottom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back