Reducing Oven size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I currently have a wide oven (90cm) than I want to reduce to a standard size (60cm) what is the best way of doing this? How can I fill up the gaps in between?

I don't have any spare kitchen doors to fill the space either.

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
You obviously mean a 90cm oven housing unit. The oven is the actual appliance.
Depending on what the carcass is made of you could try getting some matching panels to blank off the fronts of the gap each side. E.G. if the carcasses are white melamine faced chipboard you can easily pick some of this from B&Q or Homebase etc. As the gap will be 15cmm each side you can buy a piece 15cm by whatever length you need it to be. Attach them using right angle brackets on the inside. One each at top and bottom and possibly a third in the centre. If the top of the panel is under a worktop fit another bracket at the top to give stability. If the bottom is above a cross beam also fit one here. Attach them to the back of the boards first, lift a board into position and then mark on the side panel where the fixing screws will go. Drill a small, (2mm), pilot hole at each point. Make sure the screws you use are not too long to burst through the side of the side panel.
Any supporting structure inside the unit can then be adapted to suit the new opening.

Don’t think it’s obvious Conny?
Just pop in a 300mm wine rack has no door .

I like your thinking but a/ not everyone drinks wine and b/ I like my white chilled so it would need to be a cooler unit with door. My reds are in an open rack tilting down and kept at a low-med room temp of no more than 18 degrees C.

Sponsored Links
I like your thinking but a/ not everyone drinks wine and b/ I like my white chilled so it would need to be a cooler unit with door. My reds are in an open rack tilting down and kept at a low-med room temp of no more than 18 degrees C.
Wine/ drinks fridge would also fit, glass door on mine .

He's only reducing it by 30cm, which in old money is 12". By the time he puts in a heat resistant panel each side of the oven, when fitted, he will have even less space for a chiller.
Add to this you shouldn't place a fridge/chiller/freezer next to a heat producing unit, e.g. oven, boiler etc I'd probably be more inclined to insert a sliding horizontal rail for tea towels or a sliding rack with narrow shelving for things like spice jars.

Maybe, but they are too small for site wellies, so what do you suggest?

He's only reducing it by 30cm, which in old money is 12". By the time he puts in a heat resistant panel each side of the oven, when fitted, he will have even less space for a chiller.
Add to this you shouldn't place a fridge/chiller/freezer next to a heat producing unit, e.g. oven, boiler etc I'd probably be more inclined to insert a sliding horizontal rail for tea towels or a sliding rack with narrow shelving for things like spice jars.
Never had a heat resistant panel at the side of any oven . ?

Yes. Take the centre shelf out and you could use it for a pull out tea towel rail or as a tray store...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back