Refrigerator issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I came across this forum due to looking for some information about my fridge.

My hotpoint mistral fridge freezer is on and the lcd display works, but the fridge section cooked my food lol. It sits at +26 and the freezer at -9. It doesn't allow me to reset it myself on the display, when I try to do so and shows like a little lock key on the right hand side of the lcd display unit. The freezer appears cold when I open it. I have cleaned it all with the hoover and some cotton buds, to make it free from the dust that was visable. Does anyone else have any information that could possibly guide/ help me, that would save me from throwing it out and having to replace it.

Thanks in advance. :D

Kelly.

Sponsored Links
Did u remove the bottom vent and clean / hover the inside. While it down there is the fan running at the back that cools the compresser shine a torch though the grid and see if it spins

I turned the fridge off, took off the vent at the front and cleaned all the inside with a hoover. The fan isnt moving. It remains still. :confused:

Fan has had it. Put ur hand on the compressor at the back I bet it's red hot.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear! I put my hand quite close to it, and it is quite warm...

If I was to buy a new fan and replace this one, would it fix the issue, or is the damage already done?

Thanks.

Kelly.

Yes just replace the fan. If you use a hair dryer on cold setting or a old heater that blows cold air to cool it down it will reset it for a while.

Happy Days!! That relieves my mind lots and thankyou very much for your help and advice. Very much appreciated. Your a star! :D

Kelly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back