Regrout floor tiles or fit lino over? Any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My bathroom floor tiles are in a bit of a mess, there a are several parts where the grout has chipped away. I want to do a quick fix, I'm not planning on living here for any more than a year or so, as such I don't want to completely redo the bathroom (although it probably needs it) I just want to take the bad look off and freshen the place up.
Anyway I was originally thinking of scrapping out all the old grout and redoing it. I have never done any sort of tiling or grouting before but I checked a few "how to" websites and the regrouting didn't look too difficult. Can anyone advise on how easy this is and more specifically can someone advise the type of grout I should need, I want something ready mixed but have so far only found stuff suitable for wall tiles.
My other option is to just fit some lino over the existing tiles, this would probably be the easier option and look better. The bathroom itself is quite small so shouldn't be too big a job. Would I likely need to put down some self levelling compound for the gaps between tiles? Again iv never used this so don't know how easy it is to get right ideally in like to just put some lino straight down, even if that means paying extra for thicker stuff.

Basically I'm just hoping someone who knows more about this sort of stuff can advise on how easy/difficult anybody this would be as a diy job, also any tips on how to do a better job would be appreciated

Cheers
20161113_121213.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can certainly lay a one piece of sheet vinyl but it would need a template or experience in cutting the piece in to fit the shape of the B/R.
Nothing needed below it for a short term life but double sided tape at the edges.
Once you begin raising the FFL you might have difficulty with the door opening and closing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back