regularise letter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i have received a letter from the council regarding unauthorized building work for a re-roof.

i used corrugated plastic sheets to cover an area of around 15 sq. m. in the garden. At the time it never occurred to me that this would require permission. just a roof was created for some shelter , no doors walls rooms etc.

can someone advise on best course of action. job was done on the cheap and going through the building regs. etc is probably going to cost more than it took to build!

Sponsored Links
So this is definitely from building Control and not Planning?

Is it within 1m of the boundary?

In any case just ignore it they are extremely unlikely to do anything more than write some more crappy letters, it is not in the public interest for them to pursue it.

So this is definitely from building Control and not Planning?

Is it within 1m of the boundary?

In any case just ignore it they are extremely unlikely to do anything more than write some more crappy letters, it is not in the public interest for them to pursue it.

yes it's from department building control services.
by boundary i assume you mean property boundary and yes definitely within 1m.

how did they find out in the first place? it's hardly visible from main highway. neighbours???

Sponsored Links
If it's just an open shelter, or covered yard or similar - and under 30 sq m as yours is - it would be exempt from Building Regs regardless of the distance to the boundary.

They've probably sent the letter in the hope that you are panicked into making an application, just so that they can get a regularization fee in.

As above, ignore it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back