Rehema Avanta Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Remeha Avanta Plus 24c boiler (11 years old) which runs from two LPG bottles. We started getting an intermittent E5 error about a month ago, which tends to disappear for a bit after a couple of restarts. I assumed it was a faulty LPG regulator as this had caused the same issue a couple of years ago (lack of gas pressure to boiler). So I had the regulator changed over about two weeks ago to a completely different model. Things were fine for a week but the E5 error issue has returned. I've had an engineer out to check the boiler and they changed the electrode and the heat exchanger seal (there was no obvious issues with either). But he did mention that the gas pressure seems to drop to around 33mbar when drawing hot water and his diagnostics manual mentions it should stay around 37mbar so there wasn't much more he could do until the regulator is looked into. The boiler when it was tested after the new parts were fitted does seem to work fine when the pressure drops down to 33mbar. So i'm not sure if this drop is expected or within tolerance?

Is it at all likely that the replacement regulator could possibly be faulty and give the exact same issue as the old regulator? I'm no expert but it seems to be a massive co-incidence or i'm just unlucky :)
Or is it more than likely that the issue is with the boiler itself? I going to look into replacing the boiler but i'm not sure if I need to get the new regulator looked into as well due to the pressure drop?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you could call Baxi for a fixed price repair? Might get to the bottom of it.

E5's a well known fault code...very often caused by the old rope burner seal (it was replaced for a graphite material) and/or failing ignition module so call the gas eng. back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back