Remeha Avanta 24s E5 issue..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening folks. This boiler is about 12 years old and has recently been displaying E5 error codes, pressing reset has got the boiler back into what I assume was running correctly but I suspect that in reality it has just been trying to fire up and recycling the water.
After a while the boiler defaults back to E5 but sounds like it is still circulating.
We now turn it on from the control panel and look outside for the plume and turn it off when there's no plume which is before the E5 code.
I have removed the condensate pipe and it's dry.
I'm wondering why it runs for a short time... Engineer expected 8n the week and hope they resolve the issue but wonder why its intermittent...
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Quick update...
Turned the thermostat on the immersion heater down, noticed the port valve moved and the heating has been running again.
I noticed yesterday that the boiler pressure seemed higher than normal, it's a little lower now and wonder if the 3 port valve is sticking causing flow issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back