Reliable Bolier not BAXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 80 HE plus boiler on my kitchen Wall. It's approximatly 3.5 years old and only been in operation for approx 9 months from new, broken down 3 times was installed by Baxi Corgi registered engineer. British Gas didn't want to touch it they made some excuse about can't get access to service it (This excuse is used reguarly - The Times News paper also reported similar incidents) I've had enough and this boiler is going in the bin, can someone please recommend a reliable boiler no BAXI/POTTERTON rubbish. I've had a Vallant Aqua plus install in one of my other properties 3 years ago and never had a problem. (I have a 4 bed house with 2 bathrooms, located near the sea) :evil:

Sponsored Links
Why don't you try heat team, baxi pottertons service team?. If access is difficult it won't get taken on to many contracts but may well be repairable for a fixed fee with a guarantee. This isn't a particularly difficult or expensive boiler so can't imagine any reason for falsely claiming it to be unservicable.

Why have all those engineers said that they cannot access the boiler to service it, as much as I dont like BG they rarely make stuff up!

Maybe the original installer cocked it right up.

I like baxi's and for the most part they are a good boiler, and heat team are excellent for after sales service.

The Heat team engineer came out to look at the boiler today. The engineer has left and replaced the faulty parts. The boiler is now providing no hot water, no central heating there are lights on the control panel which are flashing and 1 red light and there is a odd smell in the air. Can someone recommend the name of a good boiler?

Sponsored Links
Everyone has there own particular favourites, some of them are even baxi. Mine personally is probably the Worcester Greenstar. By the way don't heat - team offer a 1 year guarantee on their repairs?

When B.G. do a visit for a contract one of the major reasons is for access.For instance suppose you pay for a contract with poor clearances then a few months later it breaks down so you call an engineer. He/She diagnoses problem & obtains part but is unable to change the said part due to poor access. You will obviously say i am paying to mend it so mend it so what happens next?

BG would then refund any money paid by the customer as it says in the contract appliance and controls must be accessible. Which to be honest is perfectly reasonable

The main reason why I do not fit boilers is because people are always looking for a QUOTE for a combi boiler, not knowing what is what. Then it is down to price. They never look at the spec of what is to be done.

End result? A duff installation that fails to live up to expectations. Hardly ever chemically cleansed or completed BEnchmark logbook. But then again it is installations like this that keep me busy doing repairs and putting things right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back