Religious discrimination

Seriously, I'm with Lloyds and I was shocked to see leaflets for islamic accounts in my local branch. This may just prompt me to change banks, as the other banks don't offer these types of accounts.

You would honestly change banks, rather than change accounts with the same bank?
Your wisdom knows no bounds! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fair play to you though, There's not many that would be prepared to be disadvantaged for a principle.
I salute you on that one. I hope I have the courage to display my belief in principles.

Many people in this country (England) still have principles and it's because others simply 'roll their eyes' that companies like Lloyds can get away with this racist sh*t. If all their non-Islamic customers threatened to leave the bank, they would have to reconsider.

Good on yer B&L

Sponsored Links
What's most likely when dealing with banks- Paying interest or receiving interest? I know which one best applies to me. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Well on the lloyds site it's on the bullet points of the product. I'd agree and imagine that there may well be other ways they'll get their money back like restrictions on the overdraft limit plus possible 'charges' for using it that are equal to or greater than the interest that would have accrued, ie not interest, which is bad, but something like interest but not called interest therefore acceptable. I would have expected though that if you offered the minimum balance as an objection to the discussion you would have looked at the account first, though everyone makes mistakes.
I'm only too willing to admit my mistakes, and if you think not looking at the advert for the account is a mistake, than I would not agree.
It stands to reason that the bank is not going to offer interest free accounts or mortgages without finding some other method to make it worth their while. I don't need to read the small print or the advert to know that much. :rolleyes:

I don't know how much the 'rent' would be, but perhaps not such a good idea after all. Playing with words to comply with mediaeval beliefs!
Aren't all religions based on medieval beliefs? Or earlier?

Seriously, I'm with Lloyds and I was shocked to see leaflets for islamic accounts in my local branch. This may just prompt me to change banks, as the other banks don't offer these types of accounts.

You would honestly change banks, rather than change accounts with the same bank?

Fair play to you though, There's not many that would be prepared to be disadvantaged for a principle.
I salute you on that one. I hope I have the courage to display my belief in principles.

Many people in this country (England) still have principles and it's because others simply 'roll their eyes' that companies like Lloyds can get away with this racist sh*t. If all their non-Islamic customers threatened to leave the bank, they would have to reconsider.

Good on yer B&L
You wouldn't recognise racist **** if it jumped up and bit you on the arse.
As for principles. Well there's principles and there's medieval beliefs.
And who is B&L?

Under sharia law no interest is paid out, so if WS has half a million sitting in a Lloyds (high interest) account it will hardly be too clever to move his stash into the *******s account.
If WS had a half a million, it would be ill-gotten gains! :LOL: :LOL:

Good on yer B&L
You wouldn't recognise racist s**t if it jumped up and bit you on the a**e.
As for principles. Well there's principles and there's medieval beliefs.
And who is B&L?

Me

Well on the lloyds site it's on the bullet points of the product. I'd agree and imagine that there may well be other ways they'll get their money back like restrictions on the overdraft limit plus possible 'charges' for using it that are equal to or greater than the interest that would have accrued, ie not interest, which is bad, but something like interest but not called interest therefore acceptable. I would have expected though that if you offered the minimum balance as an objection to the discussion you would have looked at the account first, though everyone makes mistakes.
I'm only too willing to admit my mistakes, and if you think not looking at the advert for the account is a mistake, than I would not agree.
It stands to reason that the bank is not going to offer interest free accounts or mortgages without finding some other method to make it worth their while. I don't need to read the small print or the advert to know that much. :rolleyes:

Well, posting without any background understanding of the topic has never stopped you before so be my guest, I was only trying to guide you to becoming a more constructive poster.

Sponsored Links
Back