relocating sky+ box and lcd tv...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im looking to change my living room round and move the tv from current position and fix to wall using a bracket, with a unit below for sky box.

only problem is, when installed, theres only been cable left to use where i had the tv originally - ive not got enough cable to run it behind skirting then chase into wall to hand tv on the wall.

do i need to ask sky or can i do this myself?

help appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can do this yourself.
You can buy extension leads or make them up yourself(a better idea)
You need some good quality coax, preferably foam filled and some F connectors. You can buy a pack of F connectors with a joining barrell from most sheds. You will need 4 F connectors and 2 joining barrells. (So 2 packets)
There are instructions on the packet on how tofit the connectors. All you need is a stanley knife and some snips.
I think wilkinsons do decent coax by the metre.

Any probs just ask

You can do this yourself.
You can buy extension leads or make them up yourself(a better idea)
You need some good quality coax, preferably foam filled and some F connectors. You can buy a pack of F connectors with a joining barrell from most sheds. You will need 4 F connectors and 2 joining barrells. (So 2 packets)
There are instructions on the packet on how tofit the connectors. All you need is a stanley knife and some snips.
I think wilkinsons do decent coax by the metre.

Any probs just ask

thanks for that mate.

so just to clarify, i need:

-extension leads - is that aerial extensions?

once ive got all of the above bits, is it pretty simple to do myself?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fix - future proof your installation by either installing a conduit in the wall so it'll be possible to draw through additional cables later, say for DVD player & maybe a Plasma TV upgrade or, bury additional cables before plastering over. Visit www.cpc.co.uk for loads of tackle for this type of job (including wall plates with the correct sockets/terminations & tons of different cable configurations).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back