Remain ! Jeremys going to save the day !

Don't worry, we're not leaving.
The leaked report was leaked on purpose to make people think we are leaving, but really, we are not.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry, we're not leaving.
The leaked report was leaked on purpose to make people think we are leaving, but really, we are not.

It was either leaked to prepare the ground for a change of policy or it was a whistleblower who thought the public had an interest in knowig.

Even if that report provided evidence that Bojo drank the blood of a virgin sacrifice most people would dismiss it as fake news. We are now in a world that people quickly take a stance on an inssue and then work back from there to prove their initial stance was correct.

In a no deal Brexit, there is no doubt trade and regulations will roll over......but entirely at EU discretion (total loss of UK control).

But that is a short term fix. Long term the EU will start to enforce the UKs 3rd country status.

Like all things Brexit, the additional paperwork and delays will be very damaging to the aviation industry.
If there is goodwill between both sides then a lot of these problems can be mitigated.
One problem I can see though is with the status of UK citizens travelling to the EU countries after the 31st of October.
Will UK citizens require a visa to visit Europe.
Why hasn't the EU released any policy papers on what they will do in the event of a no deal, if the EU is so concerned about a no deal then why don't they get their finger out and do a deal.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If there is goodwill between both sides then a lot of these problems can be mitigated.
One problem I can see though is with the status of UK citizens travelling to the EU countries after the 31st of October.
Will UK citizens require a visa to visit Europe.
Why hasn't the EU released any policy papers on what they will do in the event of a no deal, if the EU is so concerned about a no deal then why don't they get their finger out and do deal.
No..doomed forever according to the miserable remainers.

Just because you dismiss what I have said is not fact, does not make you right.

Answer this simple question:
If the UK leave on no deal, it will go from 759 trade agreements to 0

YES or NO
No idea

if the EU is so concerned about a no deal then why don't they get their finger out and do deal.
I thought the EU/UK had already done that? I'm pretty certain that (ironically) it was UK Brexiteers that decided they did not want it.

Tell us Vinty, what sort of deal do UK Brexiteers want with the EU? Don't forget to look at UK red lines and EU trading rules before you make up your mind.(y)

Why hasn't the EU released any policy papers on what they will do in the event of a no deal

Probably because it is up to the government to inform it's people about how the changes it is planning to make will affect us.

But on the offchance that the government will continue to be useless, here's the rules for the rest of the world that we'll have to follow with a no deal brexit:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm

If you are a non-EU national wishing to visit or travel within the EU, you will need a passport:

• valid for at least 3 months after the date you intend to leave the EU country you are visiting,
  • which was issued within the previous 10 years,
and possibly a visa. ... more ...

Border officials in EU countries may ask for other supporting documents such as an invitation letter, proof of lodging, return or round-trip ticket. For the precise requirements contact the local consular services of the EU country in question.

There are a number of countries whose nationals do not need a visa to visit the EU for three months or less. ... more ...

The Express and Mail will be quick to scare everybody on November 1st with nonsense, but most other papers will probably publish a list of rules nearer the time.
Travel agents will be able to tell you too.

if the EU is so concerned about a no deal then why don't they get their finger out and do deal.

They did, after 2 years of negotiations, they agreed a deal. But we then decided we didn't like it. That deal is still on the table if we want to leave with a deal.

RWR: We want tough rules on immigration.
EU: You are a third country now. Here you go.
RWR: No, those rules are not meant for us.
EU: Ok so you want a deal, here it is.
RWR: No we dont want a deal either, can't you treat us as old friends?
EU : Sure, dont leave.
RWR: We cant upend Democracy, we voted to leave.
EU: OK, so bye, good luck on your journey.
RWR: Why are you being so difficult?
EU: This is what you wanted.
RWR: I'm bored of this, I'm off to watch EastEnders, its bloody Corbyns fault.

They did, after 2 years of negotiations, they agreed a deal. But we then decided we didn't like it. That deal is still on the table if we want to leave with a deal.
That deal you refer to was overwhelmingly rejected by Parliament even remainers didn't want it.
The EU know that Mays withdrawal agreement is a dead Parrot in political terms, so if they really want an a deal they should start negotiating one.

That deal you refer to was overwhelmingly rejected by Parliament even remainers didn't want it.

So, the only deal was rejected by Parliament.
But Boris thinks he can force No Deal through?
Hmmm...

Good luck Boris!

Sponsored Links
Back