Remeha Avanta Plus 24C boiler leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and nice to meet you all.

I have searched the forum, but couldn't find a suitable answer, so here it goes.
As the title says, my boiler is leaking. Good news is I know where the leak is coming from, bad news it will take probably 2-3 days to get the issue resolved, all gas engineers appear to be fully booked now before Christmas.
As you can see in the pictures, the red circle is the area where the leak is coming from, I believe it is called a hydroblock for the right side on some websites for boiler parts, the gas engineer called it a diverter valve.
It all started about a week ago and it was really slow dripping at first which increased every day and today it has caused my boiler to completely shutdown.
This was due to water entering inside the actuator, causing the 2 amp fuse on the pcb to blow, I hope it's just that.
I have drained the boiler to stop any more water leaking until it's repaired.
Now, my questions are:
1 - Actuator should be replaced too if there was water inside, am I right to say that?
2 - The hydroblock part has to be replaced or is it just a matter of a washer, o-ring or cartridge that needs replacing on the inside?

boiler.jpg Capture.PNG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back