Remeha Avanta Plus 28c - Advice Please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my wife told me the boiler wasnt working today so I had a look and saw there was no pressure in it! And it was displaying error code E5. I have filled it up to 1.5bar and reset the boiler. It will only go so far through its start-up checks and then says E5. I looked in the peep-hole inside the boiler and can see it is lighting ok.

In the user manual it says the following:

Error Code - E5

Description - No ionisation or ionisation failure more than 5 times during one heat demand.

Possible cause - CO2 wrongly adjusted

Check / solution -
Check:
• CO2 adjustment on the gas block;
• ignition/ionisation pin;
• flue/air-supply connections;
• gas flow at full load;
• if there is no recirculation of flue gasses (either inside or outside the boiler).

I dont know if the low (no) pressure is the cause of the error or the result of it, or neither.

Can anyone tell me what/how I should check? Does this sound like a big problem or a simple fix?

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
how old is it, when was it last serviced?
whatever the fault its probably going to need an RGI to check it as it sounds like a rectification fault.

Wow that was quick. It is in the property that I moved into about 4 months ago so I dont know when it was last serviced. It was installed at the beginning of 2007. I'm guessing an RGI is a corgi bloke?

Sponsored Links
Sounds as though it is lighting, but then the pcb is not detecting it is alight, so shuts off.

Needs an RGI in to check it over. The standard warranty on these is 5 years parts and 2 years labour, so chances are it could still be under warranty.

Contact the original installer, or call Broag and give them the serial number and see if it is still covered ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back