Remeha hot water problem

Just had a quote to repair the boiler - £340 to supply and replace plate heat exchanger, £108 to supply and install inline filter for the HW and £220 to supply and install a magna clean filter for the CH.
Seems to me it would better to swap the boiler out for a new one?

Sponsored Links
These plate heat exchangers very rarely get blocked as there is a filter which stops this from happening and if the filter was blocked you would be getting a E7 fault come up! ;)

The price for the Plate HE seems too high, (it's not overly difficult)
The quote for the magnclean - if he is doing it at the same time as the Plate is also very high, however the price for the scale reducer is fairly low, a decent Combimate scale reducer costs around £100 to buy, without any labour ! some cheap svale reducers are a waste of time :confused:

Most scale reducers are a waste of time end off! And from experience plate H/Exch don't scale up! It's normally the heating side that gets blocked up with crap! Mangaclean or equivelant are always a good idea though!
;)

Sponsored Links
As I said before if it was that you would be getting E7 fault coming up!
The filter is on the left hand side of boiler! There is a chrome box with a pipe coming out of the bottom where this attaches to the manifold is where it is! But don't expect to get it out in 1 piece! ;0)

Plate heat exchanger replaced and as suggested the old one showed signs of hard water scale on the HW side. Bit fiddly but once I had removed the water pump it came out easily. I now have steam coming out of my shower and a decent hot water flow rate, oh joy! Also added an inline filter on the cold supply and will be ordering a magna clean for the rads. Thanks everyone for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back