remote switching of a socket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a switch above the worktops to isolate a socket (below the worktops).

but not sure the type of switch to buy, is a DP 20amp switch the one i need?

cheers

BTW- (an electrician will be connecting up all my wiring in the kitchen if you wondered)

Sponsored Links
Surely your electrician will advise you what parts to buy, or failing that, purchase them himself at significantly less than you'll probably be able to? I only mention this because many electricians prefer to work with certain brands, whereas the customer tends to buy whatever is cheapest, which is also often the worst to work with.

In any case, you can indeed install a 20A DP switch to control a single socket from a ring final.

havent got an electrician yet, but i'm only buying 'branded' products at mo, its to spread the cost ;)

anyway cheers for reply.

Sponsored Links
Surely your electrician will advise you what parts to buy, or failing that, purchase them himself at significantly less than you'll probably be able to? I only mention this because many electricians prefer to work with certain brands, whereas the customer tends to buy whatever is cheapest, which is also often the worst to work with.

bster - you just don't listen, do you?.

i'll do what i want thanks, haven't had any problems with past properties and electricians.

cheers again

i'll do what i want thanks, haven't had any problems with past properties and electricians.

cheers again

I've been tightrope walking for a couple of days, and have never fallen off.

I'm now going to remove the safety net as I haven't fallen off, so it must be completely safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back