Remounting Rads/Tail nuts and Honeywell TRVs

DrG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have just taken two rads off so I can decorate. I am having a real problem doing the tail nuts back up onto the TRV’s. both are Honeywell. The rad position relative to the TRV on both is fine. When you tighten the nuts it seems that it is biting for a couple of rotations then the nut just slips then you are back to square one.

I thought it was something funny with the first rad but as the second one is doing it clearly I have missed something here. Taken plenty of rads of in the past but none had TRVs

What have I missed? I do feel quite stupid on this one.

Thanks for your help

David

Sponsored Links
Hmm, I think you might be right. Looking closely at the TRV it is completely out of square relative to everything. I have tried twisting it, chocking up the other end of the rad slightly.

I think the YTS boy was on duty the day the system was installed as all the rad pipes are out of a concrete floor and are in the right position for the end of the rad but the valves were obviously ‘forgotten’ about so all the pipes have a kink in them to pull them away and give space for the valve.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think to do now is to drain the system, remove the TRVs from the pipe work, mount the TRVs loosely to the rads then remount the rad and TRV to the pipe work.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the best idea
just don't pull on the pipes to much if they are straight into the solid floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back