Removal of toilet/bathroom wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after a bit of advice...

I've just removed a breeze block wall in our 1930s semi that separated the toilet and main bathroom. The idea now is to remove the second door (pictured to the right below) and put a stud wall in it's place.

4GSyyWz.jpg

The question I have is what is the best way to remove the rest of the concrete blocks between the two red lines below as they are all 'tied' into the rest of the house. I.e. above the door to the right is connected to the bedroom wall which is also concrete blocks. Is the best way to cut (angle grinder?) along and then remove?

The same applies to the remaining bit of wall above the door to the left (which we're keeping) - if I essentially cut along the red line, will the door be ok with the remaining concrete left above it?

Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to remove those blocks? If you're blocking up the door on the right, remove the architraves and put some framework within the door lining. A plasterer will then be able to make it disappear easily by boarding the doorway and wall above in one go.

I've done something similar recently.

To avoid disturbing the existing blocks sticking out where you've removed the wall, you could consider 2 layers of framework to level with them.

Though go gently with a grinder and sds chisel bit on them and you might get lucky. No need to remove any more wall, just more work!

Like Steve said, not sure why you want to remove the lot? I would just remove the bits sticking out where you have already removed a wall. Then use a 9" grinder and go from both sides (to avoid causing any further damage), or hire a Stihl saw and go through it from 1 side and job done. Messy though!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info both - I meant to say I was going to move the RH door slightly forward to create a tad more space in the bathroom, hence the removal of it. It sounds like this could be a lot of mess & fuss so may not bother?

Out comes the grinder!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back