removal of window frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitting windows is a doddle first remove any sashes/openers then with a glass cutter score the glass into managable sizes on the opposite side of the scored glass gently tap on the score mark this will break the glass do this until all glass is removed by the way wear a good pair of safety gloves when doing this.now your frame is ready for the next stage with a saw cut out any mullions or transoms when this is done all your left with is the outer frame using a stanley knife cut between frame and your plaster reveals(thats the bit on the inside of your house surrounding your window).once again with a saw cut the outer frame on the vertical jambsits easier to make two cuts on each side approx two inches apart with a chisel knock out this little piece this gives you somewher to put your nail (crow) bar now just prize the frame out doing it this way will save you damaging your brickwork.this is not a difficult job anybody that can use hand tools safely can do this just remember the less mess you make taking the frame out the less you will have to do when your new window is in. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Once I remove my sach windows, using your advice, could I install my new windows on the old frame? i.e. removing the opening part of the window but leaving the frame.
How do I measure accuartely to enable me to order the correct size?
Do you know of suppliers in the glasgow area?

THANKS

8ace only made the one post and that was 3 years ago so its safe to say he will not reply. Please post your question in the windows and doors forum, which was not around 3 years ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back