Remove all radiators while renovating whole house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m renovating my whole house, making structural changes etc and want to remove all radiators. However, I want to keep hot water running.
I have a relatively new Vailant combi boiler.
If I remove all rads and cap temporarily, the re-pressurise the system, will that do? Or does there need to be a completed circuit at some point in the system? At least one rad on so that the pressure in both pipes (out and return pipes that are connected to either end) are the same?

Also, is there a boiler setting which removes the need to pressurise the boiler? Or is pressure in the boiler also critical for hot tap water? Just want to understand how they’re linked.

Appreciate any response.

Sponsored Links
As long as all the rad valves are closed you can pressurise the system and remove the rads. An expert will be along soon but I also think you can seal the heating part of the boiler to keep the pressure up. I think I’ve seen it that you can do that to test whether there is an internal heat exchanger leak. I could well be wrong though…..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back