Remove PIR (without replacing)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside light with a separate Micromark PIR sensor. It is by a backdoor with no other access to the rear of the house. I have no idea why someone thought a PIR sensor would be useful in this instance.

I want to remove the sensor completely without replacing it but wiring diagrams I have seen don't seem to cover this circumstance.

The sensor has just one flat (3-core?) cable connected to it that then disappears into the wall. The light also has one cable again disappearing into the wall. The switch that turns the light on/off is inside (one of a double switch that also turns on/off the kitchen light).

If there is a junction box somewhere, it is inaccessible. Is there something I can do to change this so that the light just works from the switch?

Sponsored Links
Post a photo of the connections in the pir,
The other cable ends are likely in the switch box

a lot of the sensors use 3 internal colours
Brown live
Red switch live
Blue neutral
usually its a case of linking out the supply cables that terminate with the Red and Brown internal cables of the pir

upload_2017-10-12_19-15-49.png

Sponsored Links
I have no idea why someone thought a PIR sensor would be useful in this instance.

So that they could go outside in the dark, and not have to risk leaving the light on afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why someone thought a PIR sensor would be useful in this instance....

We use ours so that we can be sure the dog has had a **** and a **** before we go to bed at night. Before that, I used to have to stand outside with a torch in all weathers.

We use ours so that we can be sure the dog has had a **** and a **** before we go to bed at night. Before that, I used to have to stand outside with a torch in all weathers.
Can't dogs do those things in the dark?

Yep, but I like to see it done! No **** and **** before we go to bed means we'll be woken up around 4 in the morning to let her out - if we're lucky. If we're unlucky, it’ll be waiting for us on the kitchen floor when we get up in the morning!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back