Remove toilet, screed, add washing machine and sink and toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a toilet with drain in the floor.

I want to screed the floor, raising it about 100mm, and add a new toilet, sink and washing machine trap.

My first thought was to get an extender that will be buried in the screed. This would then join a 90 degree pan connector with boss, to connect to sink/washing machine. Sink and washing machine would each have their own trap.

Only other thought I had was to get one of those extendable 90 degree pan connectors and add a strap-on boss. This would enable me to push the toilet closer to the wall.

Any thoughts/alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
What material is the existing drain?

Any pictures?

My first thought would be to dig out around the existing soil pipe enough to get a solvent coupler on to extend the stack up above new screed level (assuming it's plastic) . You wouldn't want any push fit joints buried in screed.

Once screeded you can work off a proper stack and cut down to suit whatever is needed.

Jon

Hello again :)

No pictures yet, haven't removed the old toilet. And its cemented in! Judging by the old "dauntless rubber" cistern I'm guessing the old stack is clay.

Will add some pictures once I've managed to un-seize the stop cock :D :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a job for any professional to avoid.

Clay buried in cement !!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back