Remove wood curtain rail (help needed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am currently putting up coving in the master bedroom. Have a slight issue.

There is a wood curtain rail at the top of the wall. IE where the wall meets the ceiling. I think that it is screwed into the wall, however the screws have been painted or covered therefore I can't simply unscrew. I was thinking of using something to lever out the wood rail however I might damage the plaster.

Any tips ? Should I just try and pull out.

If I do damage the wall how much will I be looking at to just plaster the bit above the window ?

Cheers

Sunil

Sponsored Links
If you just pull/lever the wooden curtain rail off, you will cause some damage to the plaster that's for sure.... Why not spend a little time trying to get the old paint out of the screw heads, enough to get a screwdriver into......If all else fails, and you are planning to replace the curtain rail anyway, you could try splitting the wood along the grain from the ends, using a hammer and a small chisel...... It's always difficult to put a price on any job without seeing it first.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back