Removing 24 hour old grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the best builder and he has followed my instructions to the letter. I did not want grout as a decorative feature - my words! - and he has done exactly that. He has sourced grout that matches my tiles exactly. And tiled my new shower room. And done a great job. But I don't like it. The walls look like one big slab of tile - there is no relief - or decorative relief. There needs to be some difference between the tiles and the grout. I may have to live with my choice. I haven't told my builder that I don't like it because he has done such a good job. But he only did the grouting today. Could the grout be scraped out tomorrow and redone. I'll pay - and/or do it myself. I feel awful about this - because my builder prides himself on taking direction and giving the client what they want. I'm at fault here. Please any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Ring him up quick.and ask for options.

Dependong on grout it's probably set solid now unfortunately, can be removed but hard work.

I did black tiles black grout on kitchen floor and it looks good imho.

Can you post a picture?.

Thank you Keith. Was hoping that if it was removed within the first 24 hours it would be easier.

I used Bal and it was set solid in 2hrs.

Really best asking your builder what options are available, don't try removing it yourself imho.

Sponsored Links
madrid, dont touch it or youl probly scratch the tiles tryin to get the grout out.
live with it an in a few months you probly wont notice.

Thanks BOBASD - you're right. It looks lovely. I'm getting used to it - and yesterday a friend stated it was exactly what she wants in her new bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back