Removing a gas safety seal ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for not a good thread title

we are having a right old ding dong in the sparks forum about removing the safety seal from the electrical mains incomer in order to change fuseboards etc

There is a legality issue involved but some of us routinely do it as it is really the only way to perform the task without being held up for hours so the Electricity board can come round and charge you for the priviledge

what I really wanted to know is there a equiviant in the Heating game and what do you do ?

I mean are some gas meter isolators sealed or are there other instances where you come across a legal issue preventing you from doing your job ?

Sorry if this is a pointless thread

Sponsored Links
In domestic premises the only thing you get is a seal on the governor cap which is no issue really if removed as most transco/NG guys dont replace them .
Meter working pressure should be between 19mb and 23mb and if its not transco or whoever are called out to adjust it .

Which in reality is as basic as it comes and takes seconds to do

Some times though if National Grid are busy then they might ask the rgi to remove the lead seal and adjust the regulator themselves.

[quote="Jake1886";p="1860203"]Some times though if National Grid are busy then they might ask the rgi to remove the lead seal and adjust the regulator themselves.[/quote]

I've never known them to say that. But I can't argue, because I always do it myself. Who has got he time to wait for Transco. Unless theres a shelf right above the governor.

Sponsored Links
[quote="Jake1886";p="1860203"]Some times though if National Grid are busy then they might ask the rgi to remove the lead seal and adjust the regulator themselves.

I've never known them to say that. But I can't argue, because I always do it myself. Who has got he time to wait for Transco. Unless theres a shelf right above the governor.[/quote]

That's my point exactly when it comes to head fuses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back