Removing a toilet and sealing soil shute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I can't find a post on this anywhere, therefore could someone please explain how I would seal a soil shute which is concreted into to floor of a ground floor toilet.
All I want to acheive is remove the toilet and put a washing machine in the space.
Do I need to inform BCO on toilet removal and sealing the waste shute?

Many Thanks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
if you use one of these you can run the wmc drain into it

p1637063_l.jpg
;)

can if you want . they will prob tell you to bugger off tho :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for that Kevplumb.

Looking at the gadget am I correct in thinking you just push the big end into the hole in the floor and cut out the top and insert the wash mc waste in there?
Would it seal properly to stop any smells rising up and would the top of the soil shute need to be level with the floor or slightly lower?
And finally do BCO need informing?

Looking at the gadget am I correct in thinking you just push the big end into the hole in the floor and cut out the top and insert the wash mc waste in there?

yes
Would it seal properly to stop any smells rising up and would the top of the soil shute need to be level with the floor or slightly lower?

yes

And finally do BCO need informing?

no ;)

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
if you use one of these you can run the wmc drain into it

p1637063_l.jpg
;)

can if you want . they will prob tell you to b*****r off tho :LOL: :LOL:

whata are they called again?

Hi again
I have bought the gadget and an adaptor to fix the washer pipe to. one final question is :- Do I need any sort of trap or do I just fix the waste pipe to the adaptor and away you go?
My main concern is the smells from the hole in the ground, will these gadgets ensure a good air tight seal?
Cheers
:rolleyes:

Yes you need a trap on the washing machine waste, otherwise your washing won't smell very nice.

Thanks for that Sooey.
Am I correct in saying a S trap at ground level with a long pipe 40mm out of the top to insert the wm waste. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back