removing a UPVC window to remove sofa?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a quick quide to removing a UPVC window to remove the sofa from my house? I will only need to remove the panel as this will be big enough.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
By panel I assume you mean the glass! Remove glazing bars (internal or external) with a scraper; remove the glass (marking the inside before you remove) & packers; re-fit glass & packers the same way they came out; attempt to re-fit glazing bars – not always easy if you’ve not done it before. Plus there is a risk that if the windows are more than a couple of years old, the rubber seals will be prone to damage & will then let water. :(

If you don’t need the sofa any more, I would cut it up & take it out the door! :D

I meant removing the window, from the window frame, I.e the bit that opens, removing that and then putting it back in again.

The sofa is coming with me when i move! :p hopefully

Some units use stainless steel screws; remove the screws & the hinges come off with the window. If yours are riveted it means drilling out the rivets & if the rivets are stainless steel they will be fairly hard so it needs to be done carefully to avoid making a complete mess of the rivet holes in the frame. You will obviously need replacement rivets & a good rivet gun to re-fix the hinges.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back